cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 of my Ignite tv box keeps cutting out

mlf
I've been here awhile

After 2 years of no problems & no changes to my configuration/network, one of my TVs keeps giving me a black screen after only a few minutes of watching.   There were no issues prior to yesterday, and there are no issues with my other TV, my internet, or my home phone.  

I've rebooted numerous times, but this hasn't helped.

I unplugged the set top box and connected it to the TV that has been working fine....after just a few minutes this TV also went black.

I suspect, therefore, that this set top box is kaput ....how do I go about getting a replacement?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 1 of my Ignite tv box keeps cutting out

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mlf wrote:

After 2 years of no problems & no changes to my configuration/network, one of my TVs keeps giving me a black screen after only a few minutes of watching.   There were no issues prior to yesterday, and there are no issues with my other TV, my internet, or my home phone.  

I unplugged the set top box and connected it to the TV that has been working fine....after just a few minutes this TV also went black.

I suspect, therefore, that this set top box is kaput ....how do I go about getting a replacement?

You can either call into Rogers Tech Support or send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps .  Once they authenticate you as the account holder, they might ask for additional information and/or run some additional tests from their end.  Work with them as they go through their support processes and they will then arrange for a replacement STB to be sent out to you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mlf wrote:

You can either call into Rogers Tech Support or send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps .  Once they authenticate you as the account holder, they might ask for additional information and/or run some additional tests from their end.  Work with them as they go through their support processes and they will then arrange for a replacement STB to be sent out to you.

RJST
I've been around

RJST

I have the same problem. It happens every morning between 4.00am and 6.00am. In about 5 mint it comes back on. Had the tech in yesterday and changed the top box, but guess what, same thing this morning and it went off about 4 times. The other tv is fine. The signal is good - about 4 bars. Hope someone can help

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

are you using the box wirelessly?  you might want to temporarily connect a ethernet cable to it and see if the problem persists or goes away, if it goes away, then something is interfering with your wireless signal and its strong enough to interrupt your transmission 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RJST wrote: I have the same problem. It happens every morning between 4.00am and 6.00am. 

These boxes get updates in the early morning. Go to Rogers - Settings - Preferences - General - Daily Update Time and change the time to when you are not going to be using the box.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation