1) 10+ years rogers customer, phone always worked fine
2) last 6 months of ignite modem REBOOTING approx every 24 hrs breaking internet conferences
3) 3 weeks ago rogers tech called me (unsolicited) saying they noticed the reboots and new model modem needed
4) 2 weeks ago rogers installed new model modem (in red+white box) and internet is now continuously reliable
5) BUT now every 24-48 hours phone stops taking INCOMING calls (they seem to go to voicemail)
- and i need to manually reboot the modem, and incoming phone works again for 24-48 hours
- after 4 manual reboots (when i noticed incoming was not working) i am giving up on rogers
Solved! Solved! Go to Solution.
I am sorry to hear that you've been having difficulties with our Ignite Home Phone service.
Have you tried, as a test, swapping out your handset that's directly connected to the modem to ensure there's no issue there?
I just want to eliminate any variables that would be outside of our control since we've already replaced all our hardware in this particular instance. The phone that you're using could be the culprit.
My handset is a bell physical phone that has worked for decades, including with rogers for several years.
The problem only started the day AFTER they swapped out my rogers ingnite modem for a NEW model.
And, after rebooting the rogers modem it works again for 24-48 hrs without touching the physical phone.
There is no question, the rogers ignite modem is the problem.
There is no question it is rogers that is broken