cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase wireless home phone device (ZTE MF723) only

heytim
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to purchase the wireless home phone device only (the ZTE MF723), without actually subscribing to the wireless home phone service? The website says the device cost is $65.

I am a Rogers mobile customer, but I'd like to get the device only (to use with another service).

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Purchase wireless home phone device (ZTE MF723) only

RogersJo

Hey @heytim

Welcome to our Rogers Community Forums and congratulations are in order for your very first post with us! 😊 I hope you're staying safe and sound. You can certainly purchase the ZTE Wireless Home Phone WF723 outright for $65 plus taxes. Just to clarify, by another service, do you mean you're looking to utilize the device with another service provider? 

Regards, 

RogersJo 

heytim
I've been here awhile

Hi RogersJo,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I didn't know Rogers had their own community forums so glad I've stumbled onto it.

Yes, basically I want to use the device with another service provider, as a kind of DIY backup home phone system. (Shaw mobile - I hope it's okay to say that - if not I will remove this). Don't worry, I most definitely plan to keep my existing Rogers wireless plan on my phone 🙂 

That's good to know they can be purchased outright individually. Do you also know if these devices are locked to the Rogers network? Thanks again!

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @heytim!

The ZTE MF723 is locked to Rogers and to my understanding is not unlockable by the end user. If you're interested in looking at plan options through Rogers though I definitely recommend checking out Rogers.com or reaching out to support directly at your convenience :). If you have any further questions definitely let us know. 

@RogersAndy

User_3366
I've been here awhile

The ZTE 723 is not locked to Rogers network (Rogers complies with the 2017 amended Wireless Code). If it happens that the device is locked Rogers will provide the unlocking code and the instructions to unlock are the same as for the ZTE 720, 721, 722 from Rogers website.

If anyone has doubts please chat/call Rogers and they will confirm the above. BTW I do not work for Rogers, I'm just a customer.

@heytim
I recently picked up a ZTE 723 from a Rogers store and it works just fine with a SIM provided by another WSP. I got the device with a monthly plan but according to one of the emails that I received from Rogers:

- you can cancel the monthly plan anytime
- you'll be charged only for the portion of the service that you used
- you have 14 days if you wish to return the device for a full refund.

heytim
I've been here awhile

@User_3366 wrote:

The ZTE 723 is not locked to Rogers network (Rogers complies with the 2017 amended Wireless Code). If it happens that the device is locked Rogers will provide the unlocking code and the instructions to unlock are the same as for the ZTE 720, 721, 722 from Rogers website.

If anyone has doubts please chat/call Rogers and they will confirm the above. BTW I do not work for Rogers, I'm just a customer.

Thanks for the reply. That was what I was going to say too, I thought there was a new rule that stated all devices have to be sold unlocked (or the unlock code must be provided free to the user) now.

@User_3366 wrote:

@heytim
I recently picked up a ZTE 723 from a Rogers store and it works just fine with a SIM provided by another WSP. I got the device with a monthly plan but according to one of the emails that I received from Rogers:

- you can cancel the monthly plan anytime
- you'll be charged only for the portion of the service that you used
- you have 14 days if you wish to return the device for a full refund.

That's great to hear, thanks for sharing! Did you have to get a monthly plan before they would sell you the device, or you just decided to do that? Full refund would also come in handy too in case it doesn't work/compatible for any reason.

User_3366
I've been here awhile

I needed the service and didn't care about the device until I noticed that the device works with another SIM (723 -> UMTS Band 4). Unfortunately I can't help you, I have no idea how you can get the device "outright" or what "outright" means in this context.

BTW why would Rogers sell only the device ($65) w/o a plan and a term when other WSP sell the same device for $100-$135 but only with a monthly plan for 12/24 months?

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation