cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping our current phone number when switching to Ignite Bundle

Ricardo2
I've been here awhile

According to the customer rep. i talked to, it seemes like we cannot keep our current phone no. if we switch from Rogers legacy system bundle to Rogers Ignite system bundle. We would really like to keep our current phone no. Would someone knows why we cannot keep our current phone no? Thanks. Regards.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Keeping our current phone number when switching to Ignite Bundle

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There should be no reason you cannot keep your existing phone number.  As a matter of fact, being allowed to port your number from one provider to another is the law, so it should be easy within the same provider.  I have never heard of anyone being rejected.  There are very rare occasions when apparently it's not possible to port, but I wouldn't think it would be an issue within the same provider.  Have you tried talking to another CSR, and escallating the issue within Rogers, or asking for the precise reason?  There may have been some form of miscommunication. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There should be no reason you cannot keep your existing phone number.  As a matter of fact, being allowed to port your number from one provider to another is the law, so it should be easy within the same provider.  I have never heard of anyone being rejected.  There are very rare occasions when apparently it's not possible to port, but I wouldn't think it would be an issue within the same provider.  Have you tried talking to another CSR, and escallating the issue within Rogers, or asking for the precise reason?  There may have been some form of miscommunication. 

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

switched from legacy phone to ignite 2+ years ago and kept my phone number. I see no reason why they can't. Perhaps the rep was not educated on ignite.

Try someone else.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is your current phone number already with Rogers Legacy home phone? if so then you should be able to move it to Ignite Home phone no problem, the process to do so does not even require porting, its an internal migration.

If your home phone number is NOT with rogers legacy home phone and with another landline carrier, then chances are you are in an exchange that has not been made portable.  Its rare for these situations to happen so just  call again to make sure, and please let us know more about which home phone line you have.

the good news is, if you get a home phone with ignite and its not the same number, and you realize later you are eligible to move the number, they should do it no problem

Ricardo2
I've been here awhile

Hi

After talking to a different CSR this morning, she did confirm that i could keep my current phone no. May be the first one i talk to was a newbie. Thans to everyone.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation