cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Home Phone - can you select your number?

thyme4us
I plan to stick around

I have discovered that I cannot port my existing VOIP number to Rogers Ignite Home Phone without incurring a $30/month charge as it is considered a North American wide number.

I would like to select my own number instead of using the one assigned by Rogers.

I think this is possible but I don't have any more time tonight to wait on hold with the live chat ( they have been great but I've run out of time for now).

Does anyone know if this is possible and is there somewhere that I can see the available numbers?

Thanks!

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite Home Phone - can you select your number?

RogersJo

Hey @thyme4us

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😊 I hope you're staying safe and sound. Is your Ignite TV bundle active and already inclusive of the Ignite Home Phone?

If you'd like to choose your new number, you are able to select from a list of available numbers we have. 👍

You would be eligible to port a number over to your Ignite Home Phone line from a different provider, assuming the number you are requesting to port over is eligible at the service address, is a Canadian number and your old service provider allows the port-in request.  I hope this helps! 

Regards, 

RogersJo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersJo

Hey @thyme4us

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😊 I hope you're staying safe and sound. Is your Ignite TV bundle active and already inclusive of the Ignite Home Phone?

If you'd like to choose your new number, you are able to select from a list of available numbers we have. 👍

You would be eligible to port a number over to your Ignite Home Phone line from a different provider, assuming the number you are requesting to port over is eligible at the service address, is a Canadian number and your old service provider allows the port-in request.  I hope this helps! 

Regards, 

RogersJo

thyme4us
I plan to stick around
Thanks!
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 in conversation