Home Phone Not Working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Home Phone Not Working

Hi i live on King George hwy , Miramichi ,N B and have not home phone service since last nite at 5:00 . it started acting up on Thursday but went completely dead last evening . What is wrong .. this is crazy !!!!!!!

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: Home Phone Not Working

My home phone is not working in newfoundland

Retired Moderator RogersMahmood
Retired Moderator

Hello laforan,

Are you still having issues with your home phone? If so please reach out to us either through our Facebook wall or Twitter account. 

Thanks

Mahmood

I've Been Here Awhile

Please contact your network service provider.

I've Been Around

Phone went out last night  but cable and inter net ok   this is more  than frustrateing

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is one reason rogers segrigates the signals on the lines, seperate for internet, phone, tv..  so if one thing goes down, they dont necessarily ALL go down.

First thing to try.. would be to reset the phone modem.
This can be a little tricky, as they have a battery backup.
If it doesnt have a reset button itself... try poping out the battery as well as the power.. then let it boot back up and see if it works.

Beyond that.. you have to CALL in to see if there is an outage, etc.... which can be hard if you dont have a cell, etc Smiley Sad

(they really need to ADD home phone to the livechat tech support)

I've Been Around

ROGERS CAME AUGUST 05 TO DO A INSTALL AT MY NEW APARTMENT. PHONE IS NOT WORKING.CAME AT 10 AM. LEFT TICKET# c1249702207 .IT HAS BEEN 31 HOURS AND I NEED MY PHONE.  

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fr2

@fr2 wrote:

ROGERS CAME AUGUST 05 TO DO A INSTALL AT MY NEW APARTMENT. PHONE IS NOT WORKING.CAME AT 10 AM. LEFT TICKET# c1249702207 .IT HAS BEEN 31 HOURS AND I NEED MY PHONE.  

Call Rogers tech support and report the issue. On the home phone Modem are the lights flashing? You could reboot the home phone modem and see if that helps, but most likely a call to tech support is needed. You can also send a PM to @CommunityHelps asking for assistance.

I'm a Regular

On the home phone modem, the port Telephone 2 has no dial tone, only 1/2 does. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, the phones plugged directly into the phone jacks around the house can make outgoing calls but can't receive them, is that supposed to happen?

Hello, @Tmothy12

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. The 2nd telephone port will only be active if there are two phone lines enabled on your account. If your 2nd phone line is not working please send us a PM so that we can investigate the issue. 

As for not able to able receive the calls, have you tried plugging the phone directly into the port labeled 1/2 at the modem to see if the calls can be received? If you are able to receive the calls when the phone is plugged directly into the modem indicates some internal wiring issue. 

Please keep us posted. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin