Does rogers home phone support fax and home alarms?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Does rogers home phone support fax and home alarms?

So I'm thinking to get Rogers Home Phone, but the rep on live chat isnt clear for that so yeah, does Rogers Home Phone support fax and home alarms?? 

nkgers | remember to leave a KUDO Smiley Very Happy
Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Does rogers home phone support fax and home alarms?

Should, i wouldnt see why not for the security system.

Rogers home phone, is as close as you will get to a POTS line. 

I know faxing works.. i has a 2nd line ring for my fax machine, and have sent faxes all the time on the RHP.

It would only be maybe when you get into VOIP stuff, i could see potential issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

Also, does Rogers allow another phone number for fax? Since I have 2 numbers, one for phone and one for fax Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Two seperate LINES? I am not sure.

But they do have the distinctive ring service.  You pay for a 2nd number, but comes in on the same line, just different rings, and you set your fax to receive on the different ring.
I used that service for about 5 years with the rogers home phone

I Plan to Stick Around

Two more questions:

first, is there some kind of fees such as transfer, new phone box and other things? A few days ago my local radio said that theres alot of hassles of this and that when switching to new home phone providers... I don't want to end up paying over $400+, espically since my plans are not eligable for a bundle.

second, does Rogers uses cable for their home phone, or its just the same like when there house was built (bell box)? When I saw people troubleshooting on the forums, I saw some fellow RE'er talk about that cable thingy.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No there is nothing special for it per say fee wise, etc.

Pretty much, rogers will come out.. and add a 'phone modem' box in the house.  This looks kinda like the other internet modems, etc... but it only really has the cable INPUT on it, and then a phone line OUT on it.  the phone line OUT, will connect then BACK into your exisiting phone infrastructure in your house.

No big extra fees, etc. 

Setup SHOULD be free as far as i am aware.

There are no RENTAL fees, the box is included in your phone charges.

Just really depends then on what PLAN (with what features) you then have.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hydrid Fibre 250 + Digital Plus + Home Phone Deluxe = NOT a bundle?? if not, >:U

I'm a Senior Advisor

Why would Internet+TV+Home Phone NOT be a bundle?

In fact, if you're adding HP, you probably qualify for the 200gb bonus, free NB rental for 3 yrs and free canada wide calling...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

MAYBE you need to be VIP level, not digital plus for TV?

But i dont beleive so.. you should qualify (unless possibly you have some other some specific discount which may override being able to)

But yeah, should be able to get the free 200g usage.

Retired Moderator RogersJermaine
Retired Moderator

Hey @nkgers 

The Rogers home phone services does support fax and home alarm systems, along with the three services: Hybrid Fibre 250, Digital Plus TV, and Home Phone deluxe. You would definitely qualify for a bundle package. Smiley Happy