cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing into Community Forums is a pain

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

When I go to the Community Forums home page, and I haven't been active for a while, I am asked to sign in. That's fine, but why does the sign in take you all the way to the Rogers home page? After signing in, I don't see a link to go to the Community Forums, so I have to backtrack to where I started from. I would like to stay on the forums page while signing in. It only makes sense, doesn't it?

57 REPLIES 57

Re: Signing into Community Forums is a pain

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Using my Firefox Notifications bookmark, the last couple of days I've had to choose which account  (which is quite irrelevant to the Forum) about half the time. That takes me to My Rogers, from where I have to click the Notifications bookmark again.

Just as an FYI, I didn't bother clicking the account, I just clicked my bookmark instead of the account. One less step...

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57 wrote:

Just as an FYI, I didn't bother clicking the account, I just clicked my bookmark instead of the account. One less step...

Thanks. That works.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

@User14 wrote:

The problem of signing into Community Forums has not been resolved. I am posting in this old thread as it seems appropriate to see how long this issue has not been resolved. 

This image should indicate the problem.  I logged in from My Rogers, but when I try to Join the Rogers Community Forums, I am NOT Signed In.   Yet below it shows User 14 (that's me) as Online.  At this point, I can read posts but I cannot post any replies.  

I don't believe this is a NEW problem.   

I want to know from other users if this problem only applies to me before I send to  @CommunityHelps

Thanks. (BTW @57 - no captchas today (18 Jan 2019) when signing in first and second times. Smiley Wink)

Signed in but not signed in.jpg

Definitely   not a new problem  ....I posted about this long ago and nothing happened .  I can only guess that it is caused because they have tried to associate the two  sites under the Rogers umbrella and just don't have the smarts to do it right .  If they would seperate the  two  as though they were separate entities one would expect the log in to work far more smoothly and if My Rogers runs in to capacity problems it would not show up here as glitches . Not to mention fewer key strokes to get to which ever site you want to access . 

My original issue was similar to yours but different in that  if you log in here and then maybe post something and then  you actually log out you can come back  a half hour later as a lurker and find yourself still on the list of those logged in .  But  if you don't post while you are here you have a far better  chance of not being on the logged in list if you log out .  The response here was basically too bad so sad ,that's the way it is , and that obviously was true since nothing has changed in a couple years .

@User14 You been blessed ...I had a captcha right off the bat  today.  Smiley Very Happy

User14

@barndoor wrote:

Definitely   not a new problem  ....I posted about this long ago and nothing happened .  I can only guess that it is caused because they have tried to associate the two  sites under the Rogers umbrella and just don't have the smarts to do it right .  If they would seperate the  two  as though they were separate entities one would expect the log in to work far more smoothly and if My Rogers runs in to capacity problems it would not show up here as glitches . Not to mention fewer key strokes to get to which ever site you want to access . 

My original issue was similar to yours but different in that  if you log in here and then maybe post something and then  you actually log out you can come back  a half hour later as a lurker and find yourself still on the list of those logged in .  But  if you don't post while you are here you have a far better  chance of not being on the logged in list if you log out .  The response here was basically too bad so sad ,that's the way it is , and that obviously was true since nothing has changed in a couple years .

@User14 You been blessed ...I had a captcha right off the bat  today.  Smiley Very Happy

I have not used the bookmark approach with Foxfire.  I normally use Chrome with my Adblockers, but when I get an email notification that someone has posted to the thread and I reply, it opens with the MS Edge browser. I do the normal password and (yes... Chapta gauntlet) to get here to post.  After that, I can open MyRogers and review my data usage etc.   I CAN'T seem to log in first with MyRogers, then go to Community Forums at the bottom of the page.  Everyone seems to have their own workaround to Sign into the Community Forum with different browsers and different approaches. I am not asking for these solutions.   

I guess my question should really be:

"Can everyone switch back and forth between MyRogers and Community Forums with each browser?"      

I definitely can NOT with Chrome and MS Edge.  I can only go one way - i.e. from Community Forum to MyRogers. I can't go from MyRogers to Community Forums unless I log out and in and go directly to Community Forums with the Captcha gauntlet once more. 

As this old subject title states: it is a pain.

User14

I have not used the bookmark approach with Foxfire.  I normally use Chrome with my Adblockers, but when I get an email notification that someone has posted to the thread and I reply, it opens with the MS Edge browser. I do the normal password and (yes... Chapta gauntlet) to get here to post.  After that, I can open MyRogers and review my data usage etc.   I CAN'T seem to log in first with MyRogers, then go to Community Forums at the bottom of the page.  Everyone seems to have their own workaround to Sign into the Community Forum with different browsers and different approaches. I am not asking for these solutions.   

I guess my question should really be:

"Can everyone switch back and forth between MyRogers and Community Forums with each browser?"      

I definitely can NOT with Chrome and MS Edge.  I can only go one way - i.e. from Community Forum to MyRogers. I can't go from MyRogers to Community Forums unless I log out and in and go directly to Community Forums with the Captcha gauntlet once more. 

As this old subject title states: it is a pain.

POSTSCRIPT:  After posting, I clicked on MYROGERS expecting it to open so I could check my internet data.  No luck. I had to enter my password and do the Captcha gauntlet to get in.  When I clicked on INTERNET to see my usage, guess what - I was taken back to Community Forums!!  So here I am posting again explaining what happened.   Now I guess I have to log out completely, and try again.   Yes... it is quite a mess, not to mention a waste of time.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14 wrote:

1. ...when I get an email notification that someone has posted to the thread and I reply, it opens with the MS Edge browser.

2. ...When I clicked on INTERNET to see my usage, guess what - I was taken back to Community Forums!!  

1. This is probably because Edge has been set up as your default browser in your e-mail client, or overall on that computer/device.  You can change this to whatever default browser you prefer.

2.I believe I mentioned in one of these "login" threads that when this happens, just click the back button on your browser and then you should be able to see your internet usage by clicking Internet again.  You shouldn't need to exit.

nasa25
I’ve had issues signing in for years but just dealt with it.

I’ve found that if I can’t login to the community forums, it’s almost certainly because I’m randomly still logged in to myrogers account but unaware of that fact. So I just make sure that I’m logged out of myrogers every time I try to log into the community forums and that seems to do the trick.

Sometimes I get like a million re-directs when trying to login and I haven’t been able to figure that one out. Might have something to do with using a mobile (iPhone) browser rather than a laptop or desktop browser.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@nasa25 wrote:
Sometimes I get like a million re-directs when trying to login and I haven’t been able to figure that one out. Might have something to do with using a mobile (iPhone) browser rather than a laptop or desktop browser.

This is being discussed in the following thread. See my most recent post and the numerous posts on the topic in the past 3 weeks.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/Signing-in-to-the-forum/m-p/43...

BS
I'm a senior advisor

I think these various threads point out that from an engineering and program implementation, that Rogers has some serious flaws in the designs that are impacting the user experience - the last thing any company ever wants to do if they care about customer experience.  But I will leave that discussion alone, programming and the customer experience has been designed before.

Just to dabble a little bit with single point of log in, I created a Facebook account, joined a couple of services and groups to the service, then created a few blog forums accesses, then single point of logon's for new Google and Yahoo accounts, as well as trying other browsers.  With none of these providers, and they all provide linkages to API's from each company for login, as well within products and services in their own companies.  I did not run into one captcha in the process, so they must be using other methods - Yahoo groups uses the I'm am not a Robot captch.  Only necessary for me to be challenged on the first try.  Haven't tried other browsers.  Will later on.

But my point, is there are so many examples of single point logins that do not infuriate the users trying to log in, and captchas that function.  I just tried Opera and I got caught in the endless loop as it wouldn't release the stored log in. I had to poke around and finally got the option to log out and when I did so, it allowed me to log in with one captch.  guess it is still learning, but that endless loop was an absolute pain.  Opera uses by default a VPN to protect agains KRACK on unprotected devices, and also for higher level of security - it means Rogers and other sites between don't have access to our IP and all traffic is encrypted, even the Rogers forums which still have undsecure features - it is not an HTTPS site fully.

So I think all we are asking for is the company to take more time in these implementations and test them more broadly with a wide base of users, and when clearly a group of users are getting the same issues, then how about assign an engineer and higher members of the team to deep dive the code and issues and try to replicate.  I am sure any of us hear reporting these issues would be more than will to work closely with them.

It is important that this is the first point of contact and this type of operating technical behaviour will imediately set the companmy up for a poor customer experience and then anything else that happens just piles on.

If we can't approach one of your primary support forums predictably or access our accounts reliability, you are going to annoy customers, and every other frustration that follows can not turn back that initial feeling, if it is reporte, repetetive, unpredictable, and ongoing.

So I do hope Rogers get this fixed soon.

As an interesting point, anyone who would be interested in what code platforms, tracking platforms, etc are running, etc, install Wappalyzer at https://www.wappalyzer.com/.  This is an add-on for Chrome and shows all known platforms, java company models, etc running on the website, and you can go to their websites and see what they are typically used for.

Rogers on their main site is using

And that is just the front end non-customer shopping and marketing page.

As you go to the login, you get diffferent ones, and so on as you move through.

The webpages are complex and each of these technologies of javascript have their own requirements of what Javascript modules and companies they will work with.  You can't just plug in the new companies and not review all existing java script without determining what is compatable and what changes must be made.

My point - is that Rogers, you have a problem, it is well reported, and people are getting frustrated, and some of these are your Resident experts and others like myself who have committed to commenting and helping improve services and questioning when we may not agree, and educating people who are frustrated with a customer experience to move forward.

When you consider how much information comes from us, who well we can direct and calm down an upset person directing to them, clarifying why a problem exists and using our skills to identify how to improve it, whether it be programming, customer service issues, modem issues, speed isues, the list goes on, the last people you want to make the activity difficult is to those of us who use the site the most, but on a basic level, no person should have to go through that expreience.  

Whatever happened to the new CEO from telus and his committment to end to end customer experience.

This is the front door, the automated systems that slow us from getting us to real people when we need them, and this logging in issue are your front door to the customer and it should be a priority to meet those points with close to 100% success.

As my project management andmanagement courses always said, the points of failure that can kill a company are at the first contact, at the door or the phone, or online first contact (i.e., the face of the first contact). and the shipper who puts it on the truck and now these days, the tracking of that shipment, as a company can say once they hand it off to UPS for example, it is not their problem - not so, UPS is accountable to the company, not the customer, and the transaction does not end until successful receipt of a fully functioning service as expected.  Every person or system that touches the customer experience is critical and every concern should be dealt with in a timely way.

Just my view - and I feel very sorry for those posting in these threads at the moment.

Bottom line - get it fixed.

Bruce

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Two thumbs up Bruce!  What is it they say, KISS, keep it simple s.....  Ya know what I mean.

barndoor

@BS wrote:
Bottom line - get it fixed.

To take a page from Datalink's suggested   KISS system .   Suck it up . This is Rogers  .  We have been having issues with this for years now . Are they going to fix it ? 

It's just the way it is here ...time to stop head banging and either buy a new mouse when the clicker wears out  or move on  to pastures where you feel more respect and appreciation . Smiley Sad

I just realized  that when I am logged in here lately and switching pages my computer starts to  twitch .... jump a page ....maybe it's an allergic reaction developing .  Smiley Wink

luna
I plan to stick around

I too have ongoing problems with signing in to both My Rogers and Community Forums.  

Usually the only way to sign into the CF is through a link in an email, which I really don’t like doing. Clicking on email links is not very secure.

Unsuccessful signing in directly,  either makes the web page flutter, jumps up and down so fast and the only way to stop it is to close the tab.

When I am able to get to sign in or just before, the CAPTCHA is very fussy and besides not being able to really see clearly which boxes have cars or store fronts or buses or street lights, ( and I’ve resorted to using a magnifying glass lol), takes forever for ‘it’ to believe I am actually a real human person.

If I am really lucky I can  eventually sign into My Rogers but then my luck runs out when I go to  the CF. 

I try and try but CF log in is not responsive.

And all this signing in issues is on my laptop and I am at home. 

I’ve tried clearing cookies, rebooting etc., and still no luck.

To bad there isn’t (as far as I know) an option in the menu for tech support that deals with these type of sign in issues, when calling into Rogers.

I think Presto has this kind of option.

I look forward to being able to sign in without problem ...hope it gets fixed soon!

Luna

' There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.'
Leonard Cohen

Pguy
I plan to stick around

Same or similar issues.   The thread is from 2015 and last post was 2019 so 4 years and people are still having problems.  I am amazed that there are not more posts on the topic.

I might create my own similar thread.   I hate this website and the design is so horrible.   Rogers employees make a lot of money and this is the best they could do?

Lots of times when I log in, the page redirects to my account page and I have read-only access to the community forum.  When I try to load the community page, it flickers and reloads the account page.   I have to click the community page over and over.   I also get the login page repeatedly when I try to access the community page.   I removed/deleted cache, cookies and temp pages to no avail.   I tried multiple browsers.   This problem started, suddenly, about a month ago or so?    I initially thought I was blocked because it didn't matter what I tried, I could not access the forum.

I have a different problem with my vpn and the vpn seems to be throttled after a while - and if I need to reboot my computer or the computer is involuntarily turned off (e.g. power outage), the internet will be suddenly slow.   I note, that I have to turn off the vpn and then the direct connection speed is fine.   It's just really peculiar, puzzling and I have no answer for it yet.  

Hello, @Pguy

We appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I can imagine how frustrating it is to deal with this sign in issues.

Can you describe the steps you are taking to access the forums? Do you navigate directly to the forums and sign in using the button on the home page or are you going through Rogers.com then clicking on the Community Forums button on the bottom of the page?

Are there any other users in the Community that are experiencing similar issues?

RogersTony

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@RogersTony wrote:

Are there any other users in the Community that are experiencing similar issues?

RogersTony

This thread began years ago. The signing-in problems back then are long gone. Now the biggest problem is the new interface. It's fancy and pretty, but a pain to navigate.  I have bookmarked my Notification Feed to sign in. Previously, new notifications were Bold, now they're all about the same, except new ones have a |bar on the left. Same with navigating the forums. Now forums with new posts show as a slightly bolder blue instead of the Black Bold as before. Same with new posts. Also, navigation takes extra steps.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Pguy
I plan to stick around

The real answer is they don't care. 

Topic Stats