cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum "conventions" need and update

Bultaco
I plan to stick around

When I participate in a discussion about something...anything....on the forums, I'll received an email any time someone else posts a comment.

That email looks like this:

You have a new Subscription update in the Rogers Community Forums
Inbox
x

Community Mailer <communityforums@rci.rogers.com>
24 Jan 2019, 11:27 (22 hours ago)

to michaelscott

Images are not displayed. Display images below - Always display images from communityforums@rci.rogers.com

Community Forums

You have a new Subscription Update in the Rogers Community Forums

Hi Bultaco,

ihatecrtc (I Like it Here) posted a new reply in Account Support on 01-24-2019 11:27 AM :

Join the conversation below:

Re: Poor Customer Service

Unsubscribe | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | rogers.com
Rogers Communications | One Mount Pleasant Road | Toronto ON M4Y 2Y5
� 2018 Rogers Communications

First off, what does "You have a new subscription update" mean?

Do you mean to say, "Someone else has posted a comment in a discussion you've subscribed to"?

To add to the confusion, when/if I click on "Unsubscribe" at the bottom, I am taken to a page that looks like THIS:

Confirm Operation

Confirmation

Thanks for letting us know your email preferences.
Click Confirm to unsubscribe from this email.
If you've changed your mind, click Cancel or just close the window. 
If you want to add a different email address to your account, go to My Settings and choose Personal Profile : Email tab. You can't reuse your previous email address.

The wording on THIS page looks as though I'm being offered the opportunity to UNSUBSCRIBE from the forums completely.

Am I?

Wouldn't it be a little less confusing if you just said "Click Confirm to unsubscribe from THIS CONVERSATION"?

To make matters worse, if/when I click on Confirm.....I get THIS page: (which gives every impression that I have been un-enrolled from the Community Forums COMPLETELY! ("We removed your email address from your account"????? REALLY??)

We have removed your email address.

Tell me I'm totally out in left field........but, I don't think so.

Anyone else have a comment on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Forum "conventions" need and update

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bultaco  : If you wish to modify your subscriptions (e-mail notices, etc). click on your avatar at the top right of the screen after logging in, then go to "My Subscriptions", then "Notification Settings" and set it up the way you want.  Check out any other settings you have there so that the forum works the way you want. The default settings of any forum, TV, set-top-box, etc are rarely what you want, so you need to set things up to optimize your settings.

For example, I have mine set up to e-mail me if there's a new post in a thread where I'm participating, or if I'm mentioned.  You may have different preferences, but you need to change those preferences to what you want.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bultaco  : If you wish to modify your subscriptions (e-mail notices, etc). click on your avatar at the top right of the screen after logging in, then go to "My Subscriptions", then "Notification Settings" and set it up the way you want.  Check out any other settings you have there so that the forum works the way you want. The default settings of any forum, TV, set-top-box, etc are rarely what you want, so you need to set things up to optimize your settings.

For example, I have mine set up to e-mail me if there's a new post in a thread where I'm participating, or if I'm mentioned.  You may have different preferences, but you need to change those preferences to what you want.

Bultaco
I plan to stick around

Belated thanks. Happy (multiple) New Years! LOL

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You're welcome.  38 months has to be some sort of record.  😉

Bultaco
I plan to stick around

Lol.

Yeah, hoping (and quite sure) you dont/didn't take it personally!

I'm sure my (apparently complete) avoidance of the forum was put a measure of some sort of frustration I was having I was having with Rogers at the time. Not unlike the one I'm having now where my wife is miffed that she can't extend the ring count of her cell. We have no home phone, so Forward No Answer is not an option. (forwarding to ME is not the best option either, but it's starting to look like it might be the only one.) 

Here @Bultaco... I made this for you! 🙂

I hope it's consolation for not being able to extend the ring time of your wife's phone! 20 seconds is the maximum amount of time the phone can ring before it goes to voicemail on our network.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 3 in conversation