Forum Login has changed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Forum Login has changed

Agreed   ... not a big deal ... just irritating  that the site  considers you to be "online"  but you have to go through the log in process all over again  to post or check PMS.

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

@57 @barndoor

From what I know, the auto "timeout" of your online status is meant as a security feature on Rogers.com and MyRogers. Due to the Community Forums profiles/SSO linking directly with the MyRogers page, our settings would have to mirror it.

Personally, I am not a fan of that setting, but I can also understand having it. This sort of auto signout feature is similar to that of many online banking / credit card company sites.

RogersRoland

Highlighted

Don't the  banks and government services  time out  because you have taken too long or been idle for too long  but logged in . In this situation here it seems to be the oppostite ,  they seem to want to keep you recorded as being here.  I tried it again and logged out twice  I was still considered online 39 minutes later .... the next time I had been  taken off the list .  Just weird . 

57, I tried closing out and switching the browser but it didn"t   seem to  matter . 

Like I said  ... seems strange that your name stays on the list as being online  ... but you have to re sign in to do anything  as a member . Just another glitch I guess.  Smiley Happy 

LOL  .. Smiley LOL

As of 10:30  pm I have signed out twice and I am " off the list  " immediately .. no delay .   I wonder if it is a function of how busy the site is or something . 

Just crazy .

Yup ... only a few people on this morning and sign in is super fast  and sign out was immediate . Maybe if Rogers added a little more capacity to the system a lot of those midday glitches we've been having would go away and customers would be happier.... Smiley Wink

I'm a Senior Advisor

Hard to say for me because yesterday my Windows 7 laptop died and I'vd been using my old Windows XP desktop, yet the logging in and navigation seems quite smooth, so it must have improved.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor wrote:

There is a list  of members who are " online "  on the bottom of the first page  ... shows when you are online and how long you have been here .

I don't see that. Using Firefox, Windows XP or Windows 7.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR:

At the bottom of the main forum page, not the first page of a thread.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/community/categorypage/category-id/EnglishCommunity

And now i have to eat my words and apologize  ... it does not seem to be a traffic issue ... not many peopl on here yet   but I can't  get my icon offline  again . .. very sporatic  so how can that be a security feature ? 

Like 57 said  ...really doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.   Just  a curiousity .Smiley Wink

I'm a Senior Advisor

When I'm finished with the Forum I don't sign out, I just close the window. I haven't checked recently whether if I go back again almost immediately whether I'm still signed in or not. I'll have to try it.

On another topic, I've been constantly complaining about difficulties signing in. After the email/password screen I'd get the same not signed in screen and have to do it all over again. Well, my old laptop died and had to get a new (to me) one. This one is still Windows 7, but a lot faster.  And the sign in problem is gone! I don't know if it's the faster processor or something Rogers has done, but the problem is gone.