Rogers bank and Samsung pay

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers bank and Samsung pay

Another vote for Google pay. It's kind of crazy you don't support it. Even Simplii does and they are free banking.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, adding mobile payment should not affect other current benefits. It should be an advantage for Rogers bank and for clients. look at this at very simple way - Rogers bank is getting a small percentage from each payment I make using their card. If I would have a mobile payment, I will make may mobile payment using Rogers card instead other MC and Rogers bank would get more "percentage". 

Am I missing something?

I've Been Around

Another vote for Google Pay.

I've Been Here Awhile

In 2016 you said you were looking into Google pay. What's up!?

I've Been Here Awhile

Even Canadian tire and the very new Costco Capital One have this feature. Seriously Rogers, are you not a leading telecom/tech company!? Chop chop!

I've Been Around

Please add this feature.

Or please help me understand why you are waiting for demand to grow? Does it cost Rogers Bank to add this feature?

I've Been Here Awhile

Google takes a cut of the payment so it may not fit into their business model,

as the cash back is already 1.75% for any CAD transaction, which is already very high.

Mobile payments may offset their profit into a place where they aren't making anything at all

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, it does.
I've Been Around

"So far, we haven’t had many of our cardholders asking for this feature."

I assure you, as a Rogers Bank WE MC customer I would like this feature. It is very frustrating that I can basically go anywhere without my physical wallet except for the fact that I need my physical credit card. Not to mention it's kind of shameful that a mobility company that sells smartphones wouldn't have this very basic feature. 

I've Been Around

Please also add me to this list of people wanting mobile wallet solution such as Samsung pay and apple pay. Only card I can't use this for and miss out on using as a result.