cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers bank and Samsung pay

shagkie
I've been here awhile
Will will this work? I don't want to switch credit card to something that works with Samsung or Google pay. Sheesh.
62 REPLIES 62

Re: Rogers bank and Samsung pay

RogersZia

Good evening @shagkie.

Welcome to the Community 🙂!

Just to clarify, you want to ensure if the Rogers Bank Card works with Samsung or Google Pay? I know how convenient mobile wallets can be. At this time, we do not support mobile wallets like Android Pay. So far, we haven’t had many of our cardholders asking for this feature. Having said that, we are keeping track of every customer who asks about it and as demand grows, we will definitely look at offering this service. Thanks for weighing in with your opinion.

RogersZia

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, there's a long thread regarding people asking about Apple Pay:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Apple/Apple-Pay-for-Rogers-Bank-MasterCard/m-p/362568#M44463

Hi, please consider this as more demand for samsung/android pay.

Make this a another feature people switch credit cards FOR, instead of waiting for slowly increasing demand.

Add me to the list of customer that wants it !

Yefrohundo84
I've been here awhile
Same. Just got a Fitbit and was planning on using this.

sebcatkat
I've been here awhile
I DEFINITELY have been waiting for Google/Android Pay for awhile now.

PLEASE add this feature!

Tap is everywhere in Canada and it just makes sense to have.

fguerin
I've been around

I am using the Rogers MC and I would love to have Apple Pay and Google Pay ASAP.  Have been waiting for a while...  Seems like a lot of people are asking...

@shagkie wrote:
Will will this work? I don't want to switch credit card to something that works with Samsung or Google pay. Sheesh.

vnk
I plan to stick around

Hello RogersZia,
I think you are absolutely not aware or pretending that you are not aware. A LOT of Rogers MC users are asking for Gpay or/and Samsung pay option to be added.
I am using Rogers MC as my primary card for personal and business expenses. But sometimes I do not have my wallet with me and extremely rare that I "forgot" my phone. In that situation, I just use another card with Gpay or Samsung pay. Would I stop using Rogers MC if the mobile features will not be enabled - probably not. Am I happy not having mobile payment enabled - also not. After all, it is not so critical and important to have a mobile payment option. But it is more convenient for users and IMO if Rogers MC really cares about customers - it should be enabled. 
PS. If I would start from scratch and would have an option to choose Rogers MC or "other" - comparing apple-to-apple there are on market more beneficial MC providers WITH mobile payment enabled.  

prwei
I've been around

It would be great if mobile wallet is available for rogers mc, as long as the card benefits won't be cut due to process fees charged by google or apple. 

Having said that, I prefer benefits over convenience.  

Another vote for Google pay. It's kind of crazy you don't support it. Even Simplii does and they are free banking.

vnk
I plan to stick around

Well, adding mobile payment should not affect other current benefits. It should be an advantage for Rogers bank and for clients. look at this at very simple way - Rogers bank is getting a small percentage from each payment I make using their card. If I would have a mobile payment, I will make may mobile payment using Rogers card instead other MC and Rogers bank would get more "percentage". 

Am I missing something?

pnr76
I've been here awhile

Another vote for Google Pay.

Abcfghrt
I've been here awhile

In 2016 you said you were looking into Google pay. What's up!?

Abcfghrt
I've been here awhile

Even Canadian tire and the very new Costco Capital One have this feature. Seriously Rogers, are you not a leading telecom/tech company!? Chop chop!

Please add this feature.

Or please help me understand why you are waiting for demand to grow? Does it cost Rogers Bank to add this feature?

sebcatkat
I've been here awhile

Google takes a cut of the payment so it may not fit into their business model,

as the cash back is already 1.75% for any CAD transaction, which is already very high.

Mobile payments may offset their profit into a place where they aren't making anything at all

sebcatkat
I've been here awhile
Yes, it does.

"So far, we haven’t had many of our cardholders asking for this feature."

I assure you, as a Rogers Bank WE MC customer I would like this feature. It is very frustrating that I can basically go anywhere without my physical wallet except for the fact that I need my physical credit card. Not to mention it's kind of shameful that a mobility company that sells smartphones wouldn't have this very basic feature. 

Please also add me to this list of people wanting mobile wallet solution such as Samsung pay and apple pay. Only card I can't use this for and miss out on using as a result.

nickthaskater
I'm here a lot
Literally years asking for this. As others pointed out, having a mobile branded "Fido" card that doesn't support mobile payments is a sick joke in this day and age.

I love the cash back benefits, but I'm *this* close to running out of patience waiting for RB to implement mobile payments.

Not many clients asking for it? What a load.
Topic Stats