Rogers MasterCard, New Online Banking

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers MasterCard, New Online Banking

It's past time for Rogers Bank to fix the problem with OFX file for downloading transactions. This is not rocket science. The new version of this file is missing fields required by financial software to recognize the account and to identify unique transactions. These fields are standard in other bank and credit card OFX files. The most critical missing field is FITID (a unique identifier for each transaction). Other useful fields that are missing include: DTSTART, DTEND, BALAMT and DTASOF. Those four are general fields related to the download and are not repeated for each transaction.

Our household has between 30-40 transactions each month. If Rogers Bank makes it impossible to use the OFX file then we will take our business elsewhere. I am so annoyed because it surely is a simple fix to add these fields to the OFX and restore the download function. This does not require a major software update, just a bit of coding to get all the necessary data into the file.

Please do not copy your standard reply. It is laughable because it was written by someone who does not understand the technical issues. First, the names of the download files are wrong (replay says "pdf or cvs", but file types are "ofx and csv"). Second suggesting the customer do their own conversion is ludicrous. I have the coding skills to do the conversion, but with key data missing it is not possible.

I am so annoyed -- this is a simple problem to fix but no one seems to pay attention.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MM3 is there an official requirements document somewhere that details those missing fields?  If so, and Rogers Bank can't seem to get its act together, maybe its time to send a complaint to the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions:

http://www.osfi-bsif.gc.ca/Eng/osfi-bsif/Pages/default.aspx

That should get some attention from Rogers Bank.  This would be no different from consumers submitting a complaint to the CRTC regarding telephone, cable or internet service issues.  I had a look for a requirements doc, but haven't managed to find one yet. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I have exchanged messages with customer support at the Rogers Bank website on this topic. Their most recent reply is that they have elevated the issue to technical support and asked for my patience.  I use a personal database system (that I developed) for our bookkeeping and spent time last weekend tweaking the code to give unique treatment to the Rogers OFX file so that it works. (I had to create a system for generating a substitute for FITID and to load defaults for some of the general file fields.) I'm sorry that off-the-shelf bookkeeping software will continue to have problems with this.

For me, it is a matter of principle. I'm not optimistic but perhaps someone in tech support will pay attention and fix this. Perhaps it would help if more people use the customer support system at Rogers Bank to request that this issue be "elevated to technical support". My only other suggestion is to find websites that rate Canadian banks and online services and send information and comments to them to include in their reviews.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

Rogers launched its new Online Banking Website today.  Unfortunately, there are a few issues that I noticed right away.

You would think they would test their software before rolling it out, but they don't. Bottom tier service. 

To add insult to injury, I gave up using the web site and their card. Then in February 2019 I got a letter telling me that they had undertaken a credit performance review and they regretted to inform me that they were not able to reissue my Rogers MasterCard credit card at that time.  

A totally ridiculous letter and completely disingenuous.  I just stopped using their card because of the many glitches.  I have had a MasterCard with BMO since 1972 and never had a problem with them. Renews every 4 years no problem. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I can’t even get the site to load. Keep getting an error if I get anything at all! Is it just me??
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The site is working fine for me.

https://www.rogersbank.com/en/

Have you tried a different (clean) browser?  Here's a checklist for people having issues:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

I've Been Here Awhile

https://rbaccess.rogersbank.com/error

It won’t load on my iPhone. Wasn’t an issue until yesterday.
I've Been Here Awhile

Cleared out everything and now it works! Thanks for your help. 👍🏻
I Plan to Stick Around

Any updates regarding a fix to the OFX problem?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pkcrawford : I doubt you'll get any information regarding that issue here since the Rogers Bank MC people don't come on here - this is more of a peer to peer forum.  Best you call or send a message to Rogers Bank MC directly.