01-16-2019 03:12 PM - last edited on 01-16-2019 03:51 PM by RogersYasmine
Rogers launched its new Online Banking Website today. Unfortunately, there are a few issues that I noticed right away.
1. There doesn't appear to be a direct link to the "My Rewards" page showing how many reward points/$ you have. It used to be on the "My Accounts" (or landing) page.
2. You used to be able to click on a particular transaction and it would show you details of that transaction like time of transaction, foreign exchange/currency if applicable, etc. This is not currently available.
3. I tried to send a message but all I get is a "we're sorry" pop-up and the message is not sent.
4. All of my previous messages/service requests are currently "lost" and are not available for viewing.
5. I did an "ask Ruby" and she said:
"We launched our new Online Banking experience for our customers today. We have come across a few temporary performance issues, but our IT teams are aware and are working on a fix."
02-19-2021 03:48 PM
Yes, I have sent a private message to the Rogers Mastercard people.
02-19-2021 03:54 PM
Unfortunately, neither Notepad++ nor Notepad show the offending non-ASCII characters. Upon further research, I discovered that the offending characters are called a "byte order mark", or BOM. These are often used at the start of a file, or other byte stream, that is encoded with UNICODE. However a BOM should not appear in an OFX file that explicitly indicates in its header that it is encoded as USACII.
So, as indicated in my previous reply, the simplest workaround is to open the file in Notepad, the select File --> Save As. In the resulting window, there is a box at the bottom called "Encoding:". Select ANSI. You can leave the File name as is, or change it to something else if you want to preserve the original file. Then just click on the "Save" button.
03-10-2021 09:07 AM
I was informed yesterday by my contact at Rogers Bank MC that this issue (encoding) has now been fixed. I just checked by downloading and importing my current transactions into MSMoney. It worked, without editing the encoding. I understand that the ampersand (&) issue still exists however. Hopefully they'll make that fix as well.
03-10-2021 10:03 AM
03-10-2021 11:52 AM