cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers MasterCard, New Online Banking

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers launched its new Online Banking Website today.  Unfortunately, there are a few issues that I noticed right away.

1. There doesn't appear to be a direct link to the "My Rewards" page showing how many reward points/$ you have.  It used to be on the "My Accounts" (or landing) page.

2. You used to be able to click on a particular transaction and it would show you details of that transaction like time of transaction, foreign exchange/currency if applicable, etc.  This is not currently available.

3. I tried to send a message but all I get is a "we're sorry" pop-up and the message is not sent. 

4. All of my previous messages/service requests are currently "lost" and are not available for viewing.

5. I did an "ask Ruby" and she said:

"We launched our new Online Banking experience for our customers today.  We have come across a few temporary performance issues, but our IT teams are aware and are working on a fix." Smiley Frustrated

**Labels Added**

68 REPLIES 68

Re: Rogers MasterCard, New Online Banking

Kmo12345
I plan to stick around

I have called numerous times about this issue and unfortunately I think the new website actually encompasses more than the site that we the customers see. From what I could gather over the phone, customer service no longer has access to any foreign transaction data either. I asked for the amount in USD of a transaction and was told that I would have to wait until my statement was made available since they didn't have access to this information either.

I also pressed them for a timeline on when these issues would be resolved and they wouldn't say anything other than that there are new fixes every day. Personally I haven't seen any changes other than the missing rewards portal in the first few days after they launched.

randomthoughts
I've been here awhile

OFX download is now completely broken.  It's not even close to following the standard, which is pretty clearly laid out here:  http://www.ofx.net/downloads/OFX%202.2.pdf

Positive and negative values in the file are actually reversed (and they were correct before!).  Per the standard:

The amounts in these transactions should be signed on the basis of how the account is affected, e.g. a DEBIT should have a negative value.

The transaction types <TRNTYPE> don't even use values allowed by the standard.  And the garbage transaction types aren't even used sensibly.  "Purchase" shouldn't be used for both debit transactions (when buying things) and credit transactions (cashback rewards).

Without including a transaction ID <FITID>, there's no way to catch duplicates.  Again, this was there before.

And leaving out any account information will break Quicken/Mint/every other piece of software that needs to identify which account the transactions are coming from.  Including pending transactions breaks EVERYTHING.

Please just revert to the original export code.

maari
I've been around

I confirm all the issues mentioned in here with the OFX download. It doesn't work anymore ( I tried it in two very popular personal financing software). It was working just fine before the website was updated.

Please fix it asap.

Kmo12345
I plan to stick around

Have you guys called the phone support to complain? I know how painful it is to go through the stupid automated robot but if multiple people don't complain they are not going to fix anything.

randomthoughts
I've been here awhile

@Kmo12345 wrote:

Have you guys called the phone support to complain? I know how painful it is to go through the stupid automated robot but if multiple people don't complain they are not going to fix anything.

Yeah I sent support messages via the secure interface... got back this (not exactly helpful):

Thank you for Contacting Rogers Bank. We currently only offer to download transactions in the pdf and cvs formats or you can download your statement in the form of a PDF file. At this time, you will need to convert the file to a compatible Quicken format in order to import it. We appreciate your feedback as we are continually looking for ways to improve. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Kmo12345
I plan to stick around

I am also getting nowhere with Rogers support.

They have stopped acknowledging there are any problems and now just tell me to wait for my statement.

"Thank you for contacting Rogers Bank. You can view your foreign transactions by downloading your statement in the format you require. The statement will provide you with the amount in Canadian and other funds. It will also provide you with the exchange rate of when the transaction posted. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

If you're having issues with Rogers Bank, maybe its time for an official complaint as indicated here:

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2013-48/page-1.html#h-2

How to file a complaint:

https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/services/complaints/file-complaint-financial-inst...

Rogers Banks is listed as a Federally Regulated Financial Institution:

http://www.osfi-bsif.gc.ca/Eng/wt-ow/Pages/wwr-er.aspx?sc=1&gc=1&ic=1#WWRLink111

If necessary, contact the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada with your complaint:

https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/corporate/contact-us.html

Kmo12345
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the idea @Datalink 

I was looking into the Mastercard Rules and unfortunately I don't think there is any requirement that a bank has to provide foreign transaction details anywhere other than on the end of month statement.

Despite this, my Visa and Amex both have the features that the Rogers Mastercard used to have before this new website was launched.

There also doesn't appear to be any requirement for the transactions to be available with OFX or CSV export :'(

If anyone else wants to look through here is the link https://www.mastercard.ca/content/dam/mccom/en-ca/Documents/mastercard-rules.pdf

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. I noticed that my statement was available on-line, however, as was the case last month, I had not received an e-mail, like I had before the new website.  I do get all my other e-mails from them like when I get a reply to a message.

2. I was going to send a message to that effect, however, whenever I clicked on "send", I got the following:

Sorry! The information you have entered is not correct. Please verify your data and try again.

I tried again making sure to login again properly, making sure not to exceed the (relatively low) number of characters, etc.  Still no luck.

3. So, I gave them a call and they stated that they were having issues with messages if they contained "special characters" (like brackets, number signs, quotes, etc).  I removed all the special characters and the message went through.  They are working on this issue - I guess periods and commas are OK.  😉 

4. While talking to the agent about these two issues, I mentioned that the new website didn't allow you to click on transactions and get time/foreign exchange information, etc.  He stated that a lot of people had requested that and they are working hard on fixing all the deficiencies of the new website.  It'd be nice to get that back.

5. I also mentioned the "download" issues.  I guess they've got a lot of work to do, but it sounds like they are working on the issues. Let's hope it doesn't take forever.  The nice fellow I spoke to seemed to be sympathetic with our issues and probably tired of hearing them...

MM3
I've been here awhile

It's past time for Rogers Bank to fix the problem with OFX file for downloading transactions. This is not rocket science. The new version of this file is missing fields required by financial software to recognize the account and to identify unique transactions. These fields are standard in other bank and credit card OFX files. The most critical missing field is FITID (a unique identifier for each transaction). Other useful fields that are missing include: DTSTART, DTEND, BALAMT and DTASOF. Those four are general fields related to the download and are not repeated for each transaction.

Our household has between 30-40 transactions each month. If Rogers Bank makes it impossible to use the OFX file then we will take our business elsewhere. I am so annoyed because it surely is a simple fix to add these fields to the OFX and restore the download function. This does not require a major software update, just a bit of coding to get all the necessary data into the file.

Please do not copy your standard reply. It is laughable because it was written by someone who does not understand the technical issues. First, the names of the download files are wrong (replay says "pdf or cvs", but file types are "ofx and csv"). Second suggesting the customer do their own conversion is ludicrous. I have the coding skills to do the conversion, but with key data missing it is not possible.

I am so annoyed -- this is a simple problem to fix but no one seems to pay attention.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MM3 is there an official requirements document somewhere that details those missing fields?  If so, and Rogers Bank can't seem to get its act together, maybe its time to send a complaint to the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions:

http://www.osfi-bsif.gc.ca/Eng/osfi-bsif/Pages/default.aspx

That should get some attention from Rogers Bank.  This would be no different from consumers submitting a complaint to the CRTC regarding telephone, cable or internet service issues.  I had a look for a requirements doc, but haven't managed to find one yet. 

MM3
I've been here awhile

I have exchanged messages with customer support at the Rogers Bank website on this topic. Their most recent reply is that they have elevated the issue to technical support and asked for my patience.  I use a personal database system (that I developed) for our bookkeeping and spent time last weekend tweaking the code to give unique treatment to the Rogers OFX file so that it works. (I had to create a system for generating a substitute for FITID and to load defaults for some of the general file fields.) I'm sorry that off-the-shelf bookkeeping software will continue to have problems with this.

For me, it is a matter of principle. I'm not optimistic but perhaps someone in tech support will pay attention and fix this. Perhaps it would help if more people use the customer support system at Rogers Bank to request that this issue be "elevated to technical support". My only other suggestion is to find websites that rate Canadian banks and online services and send information and comments to them to include in their reviews.

User14
I'm a trusted contributor

@57 wrote:

Rogers launched its new Online Banking Website today.  Unfortunately, there are a few issues that I noticed right away.

You would think they would test their software before rolling it out, but they don't. Bottom tier service. 

To add insult to injury, I gave up using the web site and their card. Then in February 2019 I got a letter telling me that they had undertaken a credit performance review and they regretted to inform me that they were not able to reissue my Rogers MasterCard credit card at that time.  

A totally ridiculous letter and completely disingenuous.  I just stopped using their card because of the many glitches.  I have had a MasterCard with BMO since 1972 and never had a problem with them. Renews every 4 years no problem. 

Plahen
I've been here awhile
I can’t even get the site to load. Keep getting an error if I get anything at all! Is it just me??

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The site is working fine for me.

https://www.rogersbank.com/en/

Have you tried a different (clean) browser?  Here's a checklist for people having issues:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

Plahen
I've been here awhile

https://rbaccess.rogersbank.com/error

It won’t load on my iPhone. Wasn’t an issue until yesterday.

Plahen
I've been here awhile
Cleared out everything and now it works! Thanks for your help. 👍🏻

pkcrawford
I plan to stick around

Any updates regarding a fix to the OFX problem?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pkcrawford : I doubt you'll get any information regarding that issue here since the Rogers Bank MC people don't come on here - this is more of a peer to peer forum.  Best you call or send a message to Rogers Bank MC directly.

Kmo12345
I plan to stick around

I gave up waiting and switched all of my business purchases onto a different card.

The transaction details are now available but not sure if the OFX stuff is fixed yet. Too little too late in my opinion. The new website is still worse than the old one and much worse than the competition (I have RBC MC, TD Visa, and an Amex).

shane24
I've been around

The website is still terrible.  Transactions sometimes don't show up or disappear for a few days at a time.  Pending transaction cluttering up the transaction history even after they've been processed.  I sent a complaint to RogersBankOmbudsman @rci.rogers.com, hopefully something comes of it .

Topic Stats