cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to stream CNN App?

Webster01
I plan to stick around

Today I am no longer able to live stream CNN.  I get a message that it is not available outside the US and I get redirected to videos.  Any one else experience this?

** Labels Added **

31 REPLIES 31

Re: No longer able to stream CNN App?

Thanks for reaching out @awalters! We got your message and we'll continue to assist you privately

Good day @pindgar1, we could not locate any private message you would have send our way. Are you sure you sent it to @CommunityHelps?

Did you contact Rogers via another platform?  We just want to make sure you're getting the help you need.

Looking forward to hearing back from you both!

RogersZia

pindgar1
I've been here awhile

RogersTony resolved my issue and quite quickly. This was a weird one.  I was able to view CNN on via the set-top box and RogersAnyPlaceTV on channel 33 but was not able to access live content on the CNN GO site or app.  The problem ended up being that I was really not supposed to be getting CNN at all as it was not actually included in my package. The fix was to change the bonus channel in my package from T-E (which I never watched) to CNN (i.e. no cost change). Now I am able to stream live CNN feeds once again via the CNN GO app.  Obviously somewhere along the line my cable package lineup was changed inadvertently. 

I was very happy with the service I received via this forum in stark contrast to the many, many hours I spent on Rogers Chat service with techs to try and resolve this problem.  On one call after about two hours the tech informed me the problem was with the CNN GO site/app and that is was not a Rogers issue.  I strongly disagreed and asked to be transferred to a manager and was informed by the tech that transfers to a manager could not be performed via chat and that I would have to call them on the phone----grrrrrr!  They also said they would have engineering look into the problem and I would be contacted within 24-48 hours with an update, which never happened.  I will be bring all my future Rogers issues to this forum as my first point of technical support contact.

Cheers!

stoneball
I plan to stick around

I have the same problem. Today can.t live stream via cnngo (neither on ipad or win laptop) but can via anyplace TV. Every time I'm directed to login to my tv provider (rogers), cnngo says "There was a problem verifying your account with your TV Provider." I can login to myrogers w the same credentials on all devices. Worked yesterday and every day for the last few months but today ...? Rogers Tech support said to clear cookies and when that didn't work, said it was a  cnngo problem. Please help

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Not Rogers related, but I have a similar problem with CNN. I recently got an Amazon Firestick for my kitchen TV and can't register the CNN Go app for it. My TV provider (not Rogers) does not come up on the list even though I'm subscribed to CNN on my main TV. CNN tells me to contact my TV provider and vice versa. CNN Go does not seem to be available in Canada, at least with the Firestick.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

stoneball
I plan to stick around
and after a couple of weeks of complaining to rogers, and cnn.go, it suddenly reappears without my doing anything. I suspect my latest round of complaint with rogers/Nancy yesterday generated "the" ticket that tipped the scale and got rogers tech attention. Nancy said there were several such calls in the system since late Nov and she could not believe they were not yet resolved. It seemed to have something to do with delinking my rogers account (at the back end) and relinking it. Anyway thanks

stoneball
I plan to stick around

edit to above. spoke too soon. live CNN TV streaming on cnn.go works on the laptop (and on cnn.go app on roku tv) but still can't access live CNN tv streaming on ipad on cnn.go

stoneball
I plan to stick around

and now it works on the ipad(s). It was suggested I incant "Alohomora"  three times

Rshepherd1
I've been around

Having the same problem but trying to to chat with a live support person is frustrating... problem happened when we changed the tv programming. Still saw cnn on tv and thru anyplace tv but not the cnn app.

Hello, @Rshepherd1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

It's disappointing to hear that you've been unable to access the CNN app and you weren't able to get assistance from the live chat representative you spoke with.

• Can you describe what is happening when you try to access the CNN app?
  • What error messages, if any, are you getting?

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

RodDev
I've been around

I see it's been couple of years without solution, we are now on 2022 still having issues - everytime I go to CNN.com Live TV coverage through my Rogers Provider login I get the following error message: "You are not authorized to view this content. Please contact your TV provider for further assistance. "  Please Help!

Hello, @RodDev

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how convenient it is to be able to stream TV from your computer through the web browser. We definitely want to look into this to ensure your subscriptions are setup properly for this.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

Regards,

CommunityHelps

RogersTony

Topic Stats