cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master card verification email

Newguy4
I've been here awhile

I applied for the master card recently and received an email saying that said identity verification is needed to finish the application and to go to a Rogers store with the email and ID or go to rogerabank. com/verify but the link does not work. Anyone else seen this? Help please

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Master card verification email

RogersYasmine

Hello @Newguy4!

Thanks so much for your post and for joining us here in the Rogers community! 🙂

The link you provided in your post doesn't seem to be a legitimate link. There are two primary ways you can verify the email requesting Identity Verification is legitimate:

1. The ‘from’ field and email domain is recognizably from Rogers Bank (e.g. @rogersbank.com).
2. If we send you an email that contains a link, we will always send you directly to our official website at rogersbank.com, which is a secure connection, protected with a valid security certificate (see the lock icon in the address bar). If you receive a link that does not match ‘rogersbank.com’ or ‘rogersbank.com/’, or it includes additional symbols or numbers (e.g. www.rogersbank1.com), please DO NOT click the link, open any attachments, or reply to the email. Please report any suspicious communications to Rogers Bank.

You may also check out these helpful FAQs which help to explain the Rogers Bank Identification Verification process: 

https://www.rogersbank.com/en/help_centre_answers/identification_verification

If you are still unable to get in touch with someone to assist with your concerns, kindly send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps and we will do our best to help out further! For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.:)

RogersYasmine

Re: Master card verification email

Newguy4
I've been here awhile
Hello thank you for the feedback. I am aware of illegitimate emails and looked over the email a few times before I chose to click. The email explained everything that you just did to make sure it's legitimate. I called support and I was told that I need to do this on a PC or to just go to a Rogers store so I'll do the latter. Thank you again much appreciated
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation