Fox News why not full HD?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Fox News why not full HD?

no confusion whatsoever.  The News Media is one thing and TV providers are another.  Both can lean left or right or be unbiased.  A prime example of a TV provider leaning left is by providing CNN for free and having it more available (Link to it on the main page of Anyplace TV) to customers while charging for Fox News, having it in SD and making it more difficult to view - simple really.  Once corporations learn that people know.. they change their system and make a statement saying we value all customers etc etc...  ONLY after it become evident though.  See, Fox News is STILL in SD on Anyplace TV while CNN is in HD.  I get CNN free while having to pay $4/mo. for Fox News.  Fox News is listed as SD on the Rogers website - they know people don't want SD now a days.  The customer service rep asked me which FREE channel I'd like - then asked would you like CNN?  Rogers owns 680 News, City TV and tons of other News Media including print... leaning left.  

I'm a Senior Advisor

@RussetYou are exactly right about CNN. As far back as I can remember it was part of basic analog cable. But that was back when it was a respected American news source with no political biases. Fox News did not even exist. Today it's clearly Left Wing. Of course the cable providers will say not enough Canadians want to watch it, but presently most of us can't even see it and mostly hear about it on late night TV shows, all of it negative, because those hosts are left wing. Perhaps we need a change in government to mandate a more balanced choice.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

It is really strange for Fox News to only be available in SD on Rogers. Bell has it in HD. Of course CBC, CTV and even CNN will have more people since they are included in many more packages and are all in HD.

Is Rogers going to provide this or not? It would be a shame to have to switch providers just for that.

Hello @pmcdunnough,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 

Having to watch your favourite channels in SD can be a real drag! I have a hard time remembering what SD even looks like, I definitely do not want to go back to that life either! =P

Earlier this year we announced that we launched Fox News in HD, you can see the original post by clicking here. Please tune into Channel 181 in Ontario and 1206 in Atlantic Canada, for Hamilton customers tune into Channel 468.

If it does not work for you we will need to take a look at your subscriptions. Keep us posted if you are still having issues.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Perhaps @pmcdunnough is referring to Fox News on Anyplace, rather than on channel 181...?  Earlier in this thread someone stated it was SD on Anyplace.  It has certainly been HD (181 in Ontario) since early May on HDSTBs.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Lounge/Fox-News-why-not-full-HD/m-p/424985#M1338

Edit - I just checked Anyplace on my computer and Fox News appears to be 16:9, just fine...

I Plan to Stick Around

I just checked 181 and it is in HD which is great. I don’t see 181 on Anyplace TV on my iPad. Also, when I go on the internet to view Fox News Rogers does not come up as an option to unlock the content.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pmcdunnough wrote:
I don’t see 181 on Anyplace TV on my iPad. 

Comes up fine on my iPad.  Click on the hamburger (3 lines) at the top right of the screen, select Guide, scroll to channel 181 - click play.  Make sure all your other settings are correct.

I Plan to Stick Around

Fox News 181 on Anyplace TV is NOT in HD...  CNN on Anyplace TV is in HD.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@alphavortex wrote:

Fox News 181 on Anyplace TV is NOT in HD...  CNN on Anyplace TV is in HD.

You are correct in that Fox News is not as clear on Anyplace as some of the HD channels around it.  I viewed a few different channels as a test.  I never watch programming on my iPad, or Anyplace - I only check there as a test for people having issues.  I'm guessing Rogers must still be feeding the AFD (16:9 SD) feed to Anyplace instead of the HD feed that's available on 181 on an HD STB for example.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I deplore Rogers not putting Fox news on most basic cable packages along with CBC and CTV news to balance the ideology. But I suppose Rogers follows the left wing agenda of the federal government

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario