Fido phone on Rogers network?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Fido phone on Rogers network?

need to unlock two roegrs and fido phones.

**edited for content**

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

rtsdhillon,

THese phones need to be on accounts (on the respective carriers) to be unlocked, and you need to contact the carriers directly, and they should be able to do it for you.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rtsdhillon

Which carriers are the phone locked too? If the phones are attached to the carrier you are with, then you can ask them to unlock it for you with a min 90 days on the account.

You can always unlock the devices from sites, cellphone stores & fle markets.

I've Been Around

Since Fido is owned by Rogers, how would they be losing money? 

I've Been Around

YEA, it works. i have a fido galaxy A5 and it works on rogers. The only thing that you need to worry about is when putting the rogers sim card into the fido phone. The phone will automatically format and everytihng you had on your phone automatically goes poof! It works now though! YAY!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

What if the phone is bran new and locked to Fido? Will Fido unlock it and allow me to use It on a Rogers sim?

my gf is with Fido and upgraded her phone from Samsung 8 to the iPhone 8+. She is going to keep the Samsung and give me the iPhone, yes it is bought from Fido but why wouldn’t it work. Gf is paying for it but I am using it. Just like my Rogers account, I originally got the S7 but cracked the screen so I bought a used S6, it worked. I know it was originally from Fido and it wasn’t unlocked. We already purchased the iPhone off the Fido site and it’s on its way. Please tell me this will work. I’m excited and want to go back to iPhone!!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

NEW UPDATE

just put my Rogers sim into a locked Fido phone, it worked. Don’t know why I didn’t think about the before. Rogers sim does work with Fido phone

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 in conversation