How does the restart feature work? Can you restart 30 hrs like Bell? Thank you.
Are you able to provide any comments on the testing for the Technicolour BCM3390 based XB6?
1. Is the testing progressing as planned. Have there been any issues brought up that will delay deployment.
2. Is there a projected date when that modem will be available to end users?
3. Will the customers have a choice as to which modem they will receive?
4. Has the modem been tested by Twitch uploaders and if so, what are the results, better than the current Intel Puma 6 and 7 modems or basically the same? I'm expecting the results to be much better.
5. Are there any plans to make the Technicolour XB6 available to customers who are not Ignite TV customers? Twitch uploaders will probably want to know this.
These are all great questions! Let me consult with our experts on each of these to make sure I get you the right response. Stay tuned to the community for the updates.
I was told by my consierge that once on ignite tv you can not revert back...is that true?
Let me help clarify. There are options to move back to our Digital TV service if you wanted to do so. You would need to sign up on one of our current in market plans, and if you have Home Phone, your current phone # would unfortunately no longer be available.
The voice control is GREAT. Love it. One minor clutch...try saying "skip ahead two minutes"
Ir does not work, it thinks I said "skip ahead TO minutes" and it does a s each for MINUTES and find 13 Minutes on Netflix,
Also it would be nice to be able to customize the ABCD buttons. Say A = MY recordings
Rather than saying "skip ahead", try "fast forward". That should give you the result you're looking for!
Programming works greqt for the most part. One thing that should, d be added when programming new items, add selection for this time slot only.
Some channels have new on 3 or more times a day all named the same and I would like to only program one at a certain time.
I like the features to see other times and list available or future episodes.
I checked out Ignite in a Rogers store today and have a couple more questions before committing to upgrade.
Can the Modem be placed in Bridge mode?
If so and there is a customer owned router then used as a router and Wifi access point ( a dual band router which supports N and ac) can the tv boxes work through that router ?
Or do they have to connect to the Rogers provided WiFi access point?
Yes, bridge mode can be enabled for the Ignite modem through the settings. However, if you choose to use bridge mode and your own router, we cannot guarantee full functionality of your Ignite TV service and will not be able to provide the same level of technical support.