cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask an Expert: Ignite TV

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Alright everyone! The time has come, Product Managers @RogersJose and @RogersMichelle are here in the Community to answer all your questions about Ignite TV.

They will be answering all your questions on a first come - first serve basis. So please allow time for both RogersJose and RogersMichelle to reply to you. We will answer all questions and no one will be left out.

Remember, you must be a registered user to post a question. Not registered? Click here to sign up.

RogersRoland

60 REPLIES 60

Re: Ask an Expert: Ignite TV - LIVE NOW!

@Biollw wrote:

I have some udio drop outs, what could be the cause?  My X6i are all hardwired 

Hey @Biollw

Regarding your audio drop outs, there could be various causes. It could be the channel signal specifically, unrelated to your internet.

@tiger90 wrote:

Hi, 

I have been with rogers for over 15 years, would like to switch but no real incentive, I would not qualify for Netflix free I have been told

Hey @tiger90,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

We thank you for the 15 years of continuous service! We certainly appreciate the interest in the Netflix offer and we would certainly love to go over some options for you. When you get a chance, send us a private message to @CommunityHelps and we can talk more there.

If you're not familiar with how to send us a message, follow the instructions outlined in this

Blog.  Looking forward to your PM!

Hi @tiger90,

With an Ignite TV installation, a Rogers tech will assess your home and suggest the best location for the equipment to ensure you get Wi-Fi where you want it

@tiger90 wrote:

Will I see the same internet speed throughout my house, not a big house

@tiger90 wrote:

are there plans to add more apps down the road?

Hi @tiger90

The short answer is yes! Stay tuned for new apps that will be added on an on going basis.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

The sports app is cool feature

@tiger90 wrote:

I have 500 speed internet now, but to drop price a little, does 150 work good enough?

Hi @tiger90

150u Internet speed works great for Ignite TV viewing. In terms of whether 150u is enough for your needs, it really depends on how many devices you have connected and what those devices are doing (e.g. gaming, etc.) If you have a large number of devices connected and do a lot of gaming or video streaming, you may want a faster speed.

@RyzenFX wrote:

Will Rogers be launching the Broadcom version of the XB6 modem soon? Smiley Happy 

Hi @RyzenFX

At this time we can't comment on any unannounced equipment, but stay tuned to rogers.com and the community forums.

@tiger90 wrote:

will the installer take away the old equipment?

Hi @tiger90

Yes, the technician will take your old equipment (as long as you don't own it).

@chrisuz91 wrote:
Hi there,

Congratulations on the launch of Ignite TV! I understand that this is a great new product for Rogers, but the competition already has similar options. Will Ignite TV be priced competitively, or is this for a more niche audience?

Thank you!

Hi @chrisuz91

Thank you! We are very excited about Ignite TV. 

Our pricing is competitive.  Ignite TV is a great value product with amazing features like voice control and download and go.

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

Will the 200 hours of recorded cloud storage be expanded?

Square
I'm a reliable contributor

Hi,

How does the restart feature work?  Can you restart 30 hrs like Bell?  Thank you.

@Datalink wrote:

Are you able to provide any comments on the testing for the Technicolour BCM3390 based XB6?  

1.  Is the testing progressing as planned.  Have there been any issues brought up that will delay deployment.

2.  Is there a projected date when that modem will be available to end users?

3.  Will the customers have a choice as to which modem they will receive?

4.  Has the modem been tested by Twitch uploaders and if so, what are the results, better than the current Intel Puma 6 and 7 modems or basically the same?  I'm expecting the results to be much better. 

5.  Are there any plans to make the Technicolour XB6 available to customers who are not Ignite TV customers?  Twitch uploaders will probably want to know this.

Hi @Datalink,

These are all great questions! Let me consult with our experts on each of these to make sure I get you the right response. Stay tuned to the community for the updates.

@Biollw wrote:
I was told by my consierge that once on ignite tv you can not revert back...is that true?

Hi @Biollw

Let me help clarify. There are options to move back to our Digital TV service if you wanted to do so. You would need to sign up on one of our current in market plans, and if you have Home Phone, your current phone # would unfortunately no longer be available.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
Is the home phone able to be transfered to other provider?

@Biollw wrote:

The voice control is GREAT. Love it. One minor clutch...try saying "skip ahead two minutes"
Ir does not work, it thinks I said "skip ahead TO minutes" and it does a s each for MINUTES and find 13 Minutes on Netflix,

Also it would be nice to be able to customize the ABCD buttons.  Say A = MY recordings

Hi @Biollw,

Rather than saying "skip ahead", try "fast forward". That should  give you the result you're looking for!

@Biollw wrote:

The sports app is cool feature

@Biollw

Thanks! We think it's great too 🙂 

Hi @RyzenFX

We're looking at the option to increase the number of hours of recorded content. We'll share more details once available.

@RyzenFX wrote:

Will the 200 hours of recorded cloud storage be expanded?

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Programming works greqt for the most part. One thing that should, d be added when programming new items, add selection for this time slot only.

Some channels have new on 3 or more times a day all named the same and I would like to only program one at a certain time.

I like the features to see other times and list available or future episodes.

@timlocke wrote:

I checked out Ignite in a Rogers store today and have a couple more questions before committing to upgrade.

Can the Modem be placed in Bridge mode?

If so and there is a customer owned router then used as a router and Wifi access point ( a dual band router which supports N and ac)   can the tv boxes work through that router ?

Or do they have to connect to the Rogers provided WiFi access point?

Hey @timlocke,

Yes, bridge mode can be enabled for the Ignite modem through the settings. However, if you choose to use bridge mode and your own router, we cannot guarantee full functionality of your Ignite TV service and will not be able to provide the same level of technical support.

@Biollw wrote:
Is the home phone able to be transfered to other provider?

Yes, we can definitely accommodate that for you.

@Square wrote:

Hi,

How does the restart feature work?  Can you restart 30 hrs like Bell?  Thank you.

Hi @Square

Great question. Our restart feature is called Instant Video on Demand.  It works by letting you restart a program while it is still airing.  If the program has already finished, it will be made available in our On Demand section immediately. One important thing to note is that it's only available on programs where we have the related content rights.  

Topic Stats
  • 60 replies
  • 26 Likes
  • 15 in conversation