They will be answering all your questions on a first come - first serve basis. So please allow time for both RogersJose and RogersMichelle to reply to you. We will answer all questions and no one will be left out.
Remember, you must be a registered user to post a question. Not registered? Click here to sign up.
HI, can I plug my computer into modem with a ethernet cable if I want faster speed?
Hi @tiger90, great question!
It actually depends on your computer setup. If you have a network card capable of supporting the speeds, the wifi should suffice. However, if you are having any issues you can definitely connect your Ethernet cable and it should help your speed.
Are you able to provide any comments on the testing for the Technicolour BCM3390 based XB6?
1. Is the testing progressing as planned. Have there been any issues brought up that will delay deployment.
2. Is there a projected date when that modem will be available to end users?
3. Will the customers have a choice as to which modem they will receive?
4. Has the modem been tested by Twitch uploaders and if so, what are the results, better than the current Intel Puma 6 and 7 modems or basically the same? I'm expecting the results to be much better.
5. Are there any plans to make the Technicolour XB6 available to customers who are not Ignite TV customers? Twitch uploaders will probably want to know this.
A lot of people (including myself) aren't seeing the value in the $150 install fee.
Are there any plans to offer a self-install option like Comcast does for its Xfinity product in the US?
We're looking to offer self-install to our customers. We'll let you know when we have more details to share.
I checked out Ignite in a Rogers store today and have a couple more questions before committing to upgrade.
Can the Modem be placed in Bridge mode?
If so and there is a customer owned router then used as a router and Wifi access point ( a dual band router which supports N and ac) can the tv boxes work through that router ?
Or do they have to connect to the Rogers provided WiFi access point?
The voice control is GREAT. Love it. One minor clutch...try saying "skip ahead two minutes"
Ir does not work, it thinks I said "skip ahead TO minutes" and it does a s each for MINUTES and find 13 Minutes on Netflix,
Also it would be nice to be able to customize the ABCD buttons. Say A = MY recordings