cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not sending ?

xicatherine
I've been here awhile

Hi !
I was just wondering what was wrong with my phone and how to fix the text messaging system.

Every once in awhile my phone suddenly stops sending my messages, however, I can still receive texts.
Sometimes I just wait it out but it takes days and it's quite frustrating.
Sometimes if i'm lucky during this period, the message still makes it out to the outbox and I can try to resend it

Though that only works for about 20% of the time

* And I don't believe this is related to any billing problems because I have over 2000 texts remaining from a texting add on I bought around last month.

Help please ?

Thanks !

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Text messages not sending ?

@hmcalendin

I recommend contacting our technical support directly at 1866-931-3282 so we can investigate this issue on our end

@xicatherine

The LG Breeze is not a Rogers device so I am unsure of the proper troubleshooting steps to take. Some basic steps include testing with another SIM card and performing a factory reset of the device. Other community members may be able to provide more information.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi xicatherine,

Which model device do you have?

Do you get any specific error message?

Does it seem to happen randomly? When it does happen, are all numbers affected? Do calls work during that time?

Have you tried removing and re-inserting your battery?

This is most likely related to your device itself. With a bit more information we should be able to get this resolved.

hmcalendin
I've been around

Have had that issue over the last couple of days with MMS...not sending or receiving...my fiance phone is same issue. We have both rebooted phones.....still does not work..mineis a BB his is not....never had issue before Friday. What's up?

xicatherine
I've been here awhile

I have an LG Breeze.

And I think it happens randomly; I have no notice of when it's going to happen.

I press send but it never sends.

Usually I get a little bubble that pops up and confirms it is sending and when it is sent, I get another little bubble confirming it was successful. But sometimes it just stays neutral when i'm spamming the button and doesn't do anything. Calls do work, but I can't send text messages (I can recieve them though). I have tried re inserting my battery several times and it usually doesn't work, if it does it's only a temporary cure for a few messages.

@hmcalendin

I recommend contacting our technical support directly at 1866-931-3282 so we can investigate this issue on our end

@xicatherine

The LG Breeze is not a Rogers device so I am unsure of the proper troubleshooting steps to take. Some basic steps include testing with another SIM card and performing a factory reset of the device. Other community members may be able to provide more information.

I have a problem with sending messages. It occurs from time to time. My messages are not going through, but I can receive messages. It is very frustrating and not convenient. Lately I experienced another problem with my voicemail and I had to contact support service to resolve that issue.  It seems like the service is not that great ... 

I have the same problem but it seems to be with long messages. The phone (Samsung Note) says: unable to connect with network server or something like that when there's a long message. The bubble spins for days and there's a little note "MMS" displayed

azlyndennis
I've been around
I have a lg optimus with rogers and my text messages won't send. I was able to a couple hours ago but now I can't. It keeps saying sending failed and its with every contact but my calling still works. What can I do to fix that?

Same here. BBM still works on my Blackberry so its Rogers - and I received text okay.  Fixed by midnight?????

St99
I've been around
New years overload. I guess they need to overcharge us a bit more to fix the network. Maybe a couple billion more a year should do it.

kdeloume
I've been around
Decided to jump on here to see if anyone else is having same issue....looks to be a network wide thing. both my phones are doing it, and just started last couple hours. Figured it was probably new years overload causing it....

nqmt
I've been around

you would figure this would be a predictable problem

robinhyll
I've been around

Yeah, seems to be a network wide issue. I was trying to text my friend who's working New Year's at a restaurant. Finally she called me to wish me a happy new year and mentioned that none of her texts were going out. So...yeah. And here I thought something was wrong with my phone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello everyone

This was a Canada wide issue with all carriers. During new years even night when the year changes, everyone texts / calls at the same time in which clogs up the lines and systems to the point it won't work. This goes for all carriers. Not just Rogers.. This is something that happens every time this year.

Nothing is wrong with your phones or plans. Just the system overloaded with everyone trying to call and text at once during the night. All systems went back to normal around 3-4ish. It does take that long.

Hi everyone and happy New Year!

Sorry for the issues at sending texts over New Year's eve. It's all working normally right now, is everything ok for you too? If not, please reach out on Twitter (@RogersHelps) or Facebook and we'll troubleshoot with you.

Hope you guys all had a good Holiday season.

Flyers1074
I've been around

I live in manitoba and was unable to send text messages from 9:00 pm until the next morning when I got up at 10:00 am.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello Flyers1074

It was due to it being New Year's and everyone was texting and calling . There is another 2 threads about this. That's all that was.

Jsla
I've been around

i went from bb to iPhone for work. In doing so I now notice text to wife's iPhone from new Corp iPhone no longer get delivered unless she is on wifi. Never needed wifi prior to send or receive text from that iphone 4, any ideas? I delinked the phone # from my Apple ID so that it does not go through iMessage server. I also reset apple Id password just in case. It deliver vi sms text now. No dice.

I am confused as I just switched 5 months ago after many years with Bell and on most New Years Eve I was up north at the cottage and had no issues. This year I stayed in the city GTA, and couldn't text. My friend is with Telus and had no issues as I received his text and could not respond. I did receive others also but can't confirm their provider at this time. I just spent 20 minutes with tech support and they actually had the nerve to say it could be my new S8 but I replied my wife has a S7 and she had the same issue and her company is huge. They then said if I didn't get extended coverage that could be why??? I have been sent the transcript.

Hello @Buyrestore,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

My apologies for the delay in response.

Staying connected with your loved ones is important, especially around New Year or other special events throughout the year. At times there could be congestion on the network which can cause text messages to become delayed or not delivered.

Usually, this does not last long and you should be able to send a text message again once the traffic dies down. Were you eventually able to send them the text messages or have you been having issues ever since? I hope that you are still not facing issues since your last post but if you are, we can definitely look into this for you. Keep us posted!

RogersTony

It has never worked correctly for me or my friends? Not only on New Year's Eve, but on all days?!?

Topic Stats