cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Talk & Text customers eligible for Data Top-Ups? Or not

ruruee
I've been here awhile

Hi!!! I just want to know if I'm eligible for Data Top-Ups. I recently cancelled my Rogers account for another cheaper service provider but Rogers called me with a $28 plan promotion every month with a free phone but with Talk & Text  plan (Unlimited Canada-wide calling, Unlimited Text) only, no Data. I just want to know if I'm eligible for Data Top-Ups or not. That would help me with my decision or see what I can do or not with Rogers. It would help a lot though if I'm eligible. I could choose to top-up with data if I REALLY need to and it would be cheaper for me. Or do I need a plan with the Data? Thanks. 

*** Added Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Are Talk & Text customers eligible for Data Top-Ups? Or not

Hello, @ruruee

It's certainly good to explore all the options if you need data to check the email or browse a web page. For occasional usage, the data pass is the best option. There is no monthly pass, however, a daily and weekly passes are available. As you mentioned in your post, you can text "Yes" to 3282 and follow the link in the SMS to activate the pass. Alternately, you can launch the browser and go to rogers.mobi/pass

If you would like to switch to a monthly plan, you can send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersTony

Hello @ruruee,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how important it is to know all of the details before making a decision on a service provider so I will be happy to shed some light on this for you. 

For the Talk & Text plans, Data Top-Ups are not available. These plans are strictly Talk/Text only and do not have any Data options.

I hope this helps you in your decision!

RogersTony

ruruee
I've been here awhile

Hi Tony!

I called Rogers Customer Service awhile ago about this and the agent said that, no, I'm not eligible for Data Top-Ups (it's only for Data users who ran out of Data) but that I can use Data Passes. Just text "Yes" to 3282. For $1 you get 10MB (it's a Daily Pass- one day only). I don't know what the other options are for Data when you text that number. He said that the Weekly Pass is gone. What about Monthly Pass? Is there any? I'm just weighing my options whether to go with a Data Plan or not, but I don't really need Data that much. Maybe this is what I need but I'm just weighing my options. Thank you!

Hello, @ruruee

It's certainly good to explore all the options if you need data to check the email or browse a web page. For occasional usage, the data pass is the best option. There is no monthly pass, however, a daily and weekly passes are available. As you mentioned in your post, you can text "Yes" to 3282 and follow the link in the SMS to activate the pass. Alternately, you can launch the browser and go to rogers.mobi/pass

If you would like to switch to a monthly plan, you can send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

ruruee
I've been here awhile

Thank you so much Moin!!!

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation