cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answering Machine temp password

KJDenby
I've been here awhile

Never used my ROGERS telephone answering feature. (No idea where the paperwork is). What is my temporary password?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Answering Machine temp password

RogersMaude

Hello @KJDenby,

Thank you for posting to the Rogers Community Forums & welcome!

Your temporary password is the last four digits of your phone number.

For example, if your number is 416 555-9876, then your temporary password is 9876.

Setting up your voicemail is quick and easy! Check out this page to learn how.

1. Dial *98 from your home phone.
  2. Enter your temporary password.
  3. Follow the prompts to set up your password, name and personal greeting.
    • If you’re not able to complete setting up your password, name or personal greeting, simply dial *98 again and enter your temporary (or if applicable, your newly-created) password.

You can check your Home Phone voicemail online, directly from your home phone, or by calling your voicemail from any phone when you’re not home.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersMaude

Hello @KJDenby,

Thank you for posting to the Rogers Community Forums & welcome!

Your temporary password is the last four digits of your phone number.

For example, if your number is 416 555-9876, then your temporary password is 9876.

Setting up your voicemail is quick and easy! Check out this page to learn how.

1. Dial *98 from your home phone.
  2. Enter your temporary password.
  3. Follow the prompts to set up your password, name and personal greeting.
    • If you’re not able to complete setting up your password, name or personal greeting, simply dial *98 again and enter your temporary (or if applicable, your newly-created) password.

You can check your Home Phone voicemail online, directly from your home phone, or by calling your voicemail from any phone when you’re not home.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

KJDenby
I've been here awhile

Figured it out just after I emailed you.

Now, if I could only get my MYROGERS to work - it prompts me to activate my account, which I do. Then it tells me I already have an account in that name, but when I go to open it, it tells me to activate my account again. …. and round, and round I go.  I spoke to someone (in your Montreal office) on the phone and before he would do anything, he  demand I complete a questionnaire and email it back to him. (According to him, this was standard security for ROGERS).

I just want to see my monthly bill....  In fact, from now on, please MAIL my bill to my billing address.

Thank you.

Good evening @KJDenby,

I'm glad you were able to figure out the voicemail password. As far as your MyRogers issue goes, what you're describing most likely means you have more than one MyRogers profile. This has an easy fix. If you want us to fix the profile error or switch you back to paper billing please PM us @CommunityHelps and we'd be happy to assist you further 🙂. And yes, authenticating an account over Live Chat/Social Media/Community Forums does require us to send you a time sensitive secure form. 

For instructions on how to contact us via private message please click here.

Looking forward to hearing from  you.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation