cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone X can’t connect to Rogers network

letsrock
I've been here awhile

My iPhone X is unable to connect to Rogers network. I restarted the phone, reset network settings, and re-insert the SIM card. The SIM card works because I put it in an iPhone 6 and it connected to Rogers. Please help.

This the 3rd time that it happened to me. 1st time I tried factory reset and it made my iphone not start. I went to Apple and they did a factory reset. They said this is a known issue with iPhone X and Rogers network, and the problem is with Rogers end. 2nd time, I just let it be and I had no connection for 2 days. I don’t want to have no phone in 2 days. I want to use my iphone X. Please help.

***Edited Labels***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: iPhone X can’t connect to Rogers network

RogersZia

Good evening and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @letsrock,

This is definitely unusual. How long have you had this device for? We haven't been notified of any known issues pertaining to iPhone X not connecting to the Rogers network. I personally have an iPhone X too and haven't experienced this. I know you've mentioned that you've spoken to Apple about this, but did you speak to anyone in our wireless technical support department on previous occasions? Is the device on the most updated iOS? 

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.

RogersZia

letsrock
I've been here awhile
My ios is 12.3.1, it says it is up to date. I had the phone for 1.5yrs. I actually contacted tech support from the rogers app when it first happen, thinking it is just network issue. They replied that there is no network issues in my area and recommended resetting my network settings or removing my sim card. When those didn’t work, I decided to do a factory reset, which also did not work and my phone was stuck in loading or starting the reset. That is when I went to Apple.

letsrock
I've been here awhile
I went to Rogers today to have my phone fix. They replaced my SIM card and reset the network settings, still didn’t work so they recommended to go to Apple.

To fix, Apple just restore my phone. Sadly, that is the only way to fix my issue as per Apple.

sparklynurse
I've been here awhile

Interesting - my husband has an iPhone XS max that is less than a month old and he has had nothing but issues with his data connection. The phone intermittently drops the connection which is annoying when you are using it for work related purposes. Rogers has been involved in trouble shooting the device and connection to no avail. We were told to contact Apple and we have done  everything the original poster has been instructed to do.  A new SIM card was installed and the phone has been reset multiple times. The problem continues and it has not been easy dealing with Rogers. It was not explained to us that the phone could not be replaced if it was older than two weeks (the phone is coming up to three weeks old.) Rogers told us to go to Apple. We went to Apple only to be told that Rogers is responsible for replacing the phone. CSR at Rogers actually expects the customer to be ok with these ongoing issues. At this point I will be contacting the Office of the President. Oh wait, Rogers makes this SUPER hard to do. The phone number is virtually impossible to find. 

nicksawatzky
I've been around
This is definitely a Rogers network issue. I have had this a
Happen to my iPhone X multiple times and it still continues to happen.
I have had my device replaced with Apple, restored it multiple times, reset network setting and have replaced the sim. Apple continues to inform that this is a widely known ROGERS ONLY issue. As a long time Rogers customer I am ready to jump ship to one of the other carriers that do not have this issue.

Hello @sparklynurse & nicksawatzky,

Welcome to the Community!

I realize persistent issues can be quite inconvenient. Have you tried to complete a factory reset to see if it resolves the issue?

@sparklynurse, you can reach out to our Office of the President team by visiting the Share a Concern page.

RogersZia

sparklynurse
I've been here awhile

We have tried multiple factory resets, a new sim card and yet two more factory resets. I'm not sure if it's your network or issues with the phone. Super frustrating and regretting my decision to switch to Rogers mobile.

Also not sure why it's so difficult to call the Office of the President. This must surely be the only company that has issues with this.

Hey @sparklynurse,

I can't blame you for being upset, it's always super frustrating when you're having an issue and can't seem to find a solution. Are you able to give us a shout? We'd love to do some troubleshooting with you so we can get to the bottom of it.

Please send is a Private Message to @CommunityHelps. Please click HERE, for instructions on how to send a PM if you're not familiar with the process.

Regards,

RogersTim

sparklynurse
I've been here awhile

So, after much back and forth with Rogers, my husband received a replacement iPhone XS max yesterday. Not two hours after he receives it, he has internet connection issues. I immediately call customer service and am told to go to the Rogers store so they can check that it has been set up properly and replace it on the spot if needed. Because, by now, I know that each Rogers department is a silo with no ability to work together to solve issues in a timely fashion for customers, I confirmed THREE times that the store will replace the phone right then and there. It's 8:00 pm but hubby needs his phone functioning properly as he is using it for business so we decide to go to the store. We get to the store and lo and behold, the new phone drops its data connection while the clerk is looking at it. Then, SURPRISE!! they can't replace the phone immediately as had been promised by customer service because it is older than 15 days - yeah it's a new phone just received that morning but Rogers will only honour the original warranty. I call customer service while in the store and, after a 15 minute wait, I get a hold of the manager who promised this exchange. The manager tells me that he could not approve this  and wasn't sure why the customer service rep had done so.

This is getting tiring.  In doing Google searches, it's clear that there are well known issues with this phone. So there is definitely a problem there but what is beyond frustrating is Rogers. Don't get me wrong, I've spoken with some very helpful higher level customer service reps who have really gone above and beyond to make things right despite actually being hobbled by Rogers' structure. To be clear, only when you contact the Office of the President does anything actually get done. All solutions inconvenience the customer - you're without a properly functioning device for days on end while still paying for the service unless, like me, you complain. Even then, you have to climb the CS rep seniority ladder to get to someone who has the authority to do anything. The customer is made responsible for a malfunctioning device that is less than a month old. When we took the phone to Apple, they told us that it was Rogers' responsibility to replace the phone and Rogers says it's Apple's. We actually had the Apple person on speaker phone with a Rogers CS rep so he could hear it for himself that Apple's position is that it's Rogers responsibility. The customer is monkey in the middle. Why oh why did I leave Bell??

sparklynurse
I've been here awhile

RogersTim - with respect to the original device and as I stated in previous posts, we have been on the phone with Rogers technical support and Apple technical support a couple of times. We went to Apple so they could check the phone and were told that the phone seemed fine. MANY factory resets have been done and the sim card was replaced all to no avail. Not sure what more can be done there. The replacement phone is also having the same issue. If it's not the phone then it's the Rogers network. Your competitor's website states that their network is best for the iPhone XS so, yeah.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation