cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Rogers support family sharing and/or standalone plans for Apple watches?

User7229
I've been here awhile

When is Rogers going to support this?

I tried ordering 2 apple watch SE through customer service and they offered the "FREE watch plan for 2 years" promo but they don't do the orders online or on phone, said I had to go into the store so I called 8 locations and all of them said they don't carry the SE ever (not just out of stock), so I got back on chat with Rogers and they assured me that I can just go to the Apple store, buy the watches and they'd still give me the 2 year FREE watch plan promo (I have this in writing from the chat transcript), so I went to Apple (which is an hour away from me) bought 2 watches for $901 came back to activate them and NOW they are finally telling me I can only set up 1 and it has to use my phone number, not it's own number... I mentioned it was for my TWO kids all along... Now I have useless $900 worth of watches or I have to switch to Bell after 20 years with Rogers.

When will family sharing be supported? 
When will standalone watch plans be supported? Just like a tablet plan, why can't we do this? 

As a workaround, can I just connect the watch plan to the phone number of my kids tablet plan instead of my personal number and then Customer relations/retention can just credit me back one of the $15 fees? There has to be a way they can accommodate this?

Customer service, please contact me. I am very disappointed about this after 20 years with you - this is a huge let down... especially the communication error - if you don't support this, every rep should know and mention it from the very beginning. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: When will Rogers support family sharing and/or standalone plans for Apple watches?

RogersZia

Hi @User7229,

Welcome to the Community!

At this time there are no significant changes to the current options available for the Apple Watch with Rogers.

Here is what you will need to activate an Apple Watch plan:

• An up-to-date iPhone connected to the Rogers network and an Apple Watch that supports GPS and cellular functionality.
  • A Rogers postpaid wireless account with a compatible Rogers plan.
  • A MyRogers account profile associated with your primary iPhone number.

I hope this helps.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation