cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add Rogers Yahoo mail account to iPhone native Mail App

Nancy12
I plan to stick around

Since the IOS upgrade to IOS 18, a problem has arisen in the iphone's native app.  In particular, it is the "Add Account" feature where you no longer able to add a new Rogers Yahoo email account or update a new password (that you may have changed as a security measure) for your existing Rogers Yahoo email account.   This renders your Rogers Yahoo email account useless and you will no longer have access to your Rogers Yahoo email through the iphone's mail app.

Normally when you press the "add account" feature, you select "yahoo!" to add your Rogers Yahoo email account.  After inputting your email address, it should it would redirect you to the www.rogersmembercenter.com screen to input your password.    For whatever the reason, this screen no longer appears in the IOS 18 version.   

I was on the phone for over 2  1/2 hours with a Rogers technical support  rep in conjunction with one other "iphone Rogers Email" expert in the background.     We went through numerous things including clearing the cache, turning off wifi, turning off cellular data.  I even tried turn off the phone, resetting the phone to factory setting....nothing seems to work.   The only thing I have not successfully tried is to the Reiboot to reset the iphone back to IOS 17 - although it purports to be a free software, when I tried to downgrade with their Reiboot software, it prompts me to BUY the software.....so that's a NO GO.

If anyone have the slightly idea on how to gain back access to my Rogers Yahoo mail account, I am all ears.  In the meanwhile I have to download the yahoo mail app to access my Rogers yahoo mail.

***Edited Labels***

42 REPLIES 42

Re: Unable to add Rogers Yahoo mail account to iPhone native Mail App

Bulldog436
I've been here awhile

I spent 3 hours on the phone Thursday with a “senior” Apple technician. We spent the time trying different options to get it resolved. After which they determined it was a Rogers/Yahoo issue.  I spoke with Rogers after and their “back end” knew about the issue. So…..what’s the delay?

brnsdv
I plan to stick around

I called Rogers and spoke to Level 2 tech last Wednesday.  After an hour of trying, he said he'd work on it and get back to me the next day.  Of course, here we are days later and no contact.  Welcome to Rogers.  They should have been all over this.

Bulldog436
I've been here awhile

I just had a follow up call with Apple. Their engineers are aware of the problem, but insist it’s a Rogers problem with Yahoo because it’s 3rd party. Had it been an iCloud problem it would be theres. So it’s on Rogers to fix the problem with Yahoo. 

brnsdv
I plan to stick around

Just spent another hour on the phone with Rogers.  After speaking with L2 tech support yet agin, I convinced the Rogers rep that this is very likely an authentication issue on their servers.  I'll keep this short, but I told them I've already spent hours with Apple tech as well, and as Roger customers, we don't care if it is a Rogers issue or an Apple issue ... someone failed to create correct code and we want it fixed, so if you can't fix it on your own then get on the phone with Apple techs and work out the problem for your customers ... we don't care who is at fault ... we just want it fixed."  He agreed.  He asked for 48 hours to provide an update.  I said "Why not ... it's already been a week since this problem started and it is all over the web but Rogers reps keep saying they've never heard about it.  I said maybe Rogers should join this forum ... or learn how to use Google seach because it's on Reddit, etc. etc."  I have a case number for this.

Bulldog436
I've been here awhile

Unfortunately Yahoo is where the mail server resides. The Apple advisor told me this morning…occasionally Yahoo reaches out to Apple for rectifying these this. And she said Apple will likely have an iOS 18 update in the near future it may address the issue. But it’s up to Rogers to work with Yahoo to fix this. The fact it points back to a rogersmembercenter blank page shows the “pointer” is invalid. 

Andy007
I plan to stick around

Same problem here. Guess we need to hope Rogers/Yahoo or Apple get their act in gear.

tried everything but no go.

Andy007
I plan to stick around

The problems go beyond the mail issue. Tried to update my Rogers settings ( MFA, recovery number etc). Screen comes up blank and won’t allow me to input anything. Tried it on 3 different browsers and on the MyRogers app. All the same result.

leighas
I've been here awhile
I was having issue prior to upgrading to ios18 thinking the update would fix it, to no avail. I also have the blank screen when trying to add the Yahoo account waiting for the rogersmembercentre page. I tried and succeeded adding my Gmail though… it seems weird that I only affected Yahoo, Exchange worked too….

brnsdv
I plan to stick around

This has now been fixed if you download iOS 18.1 Beta.  I just added my Yahoo account ... went to the same white screen, but 2 secs later it allowed me to enter my password and now Apple Mail has my Yahoo account back.

Bulldog436
I've been here awhile
Where were you able to get the beta version?

Andy007
I plan to stick around

I can confirm that iOS 18.1 B2 version does fix this problem

Fidget
I'm here a lot

Easiest work around is to download the yahoo mail app and sign in with your rogers cred's.  I just tried it and it works.  

bbfanforever
I've been here awhile
Try now after the latest update 18.0.1 (released Oct 3rd).

I just readded one account successfully.
Now to deal with others. At least one win.

leighas
I've been here awhile
The new 18.0.1 update finally fixed it for me

hearingaid
I've been here awhile
I have been dealing with this for a while now.
Last representative at rogers, finally emailed me that this is apples problem. Rogers refuses to correct this issue even though all other email services work including non rogers yahoo accounts.
I explained to her that this is a rogers only issue and as such rogers needs to fix this.
Rogers refuses to accept responsibility.

hearingaid
I've been here awhile
I am on iOS 18.1.
Still does not work.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hearingaid wrote:  I am on iOS 18.1.  Still does not work.

You may have a different issue since you say it started before iOS18.  Did you reboot your device after installing the update(s)?  This latest issue was caused by Apple's iOS18.0, not Rogers, although Rogers customers seem to have been affected.  iOS18.1 corrected the issue discussed in this thread.  Again, perhaps you have a different issue since Apple Mail should now work on your device.  What is the exact problem you are encountering?  Have you enabled Multi-factor Authentication via Rogers Webmail's Member Centre?  How are you getting your email now - via Webmail?

hearingaid
I've been here awhile
Incorrect, my issue started with iOS 18. I had the beta of the software. I updated to iOS 18.1 when it was available.
The issue has not been resolved with any changes and all possible solutions were tried. All f2a has been setup.
Apple does its updates for world wide phones.
Rogers is the only culprit to have this issue, therefore this is a rogers problem. Even yahoo email work on apple mail app, but some type of rogers programming is conflicting and preventing using the apple mail app.
Like usual, rogers does not take responsibility for their errors. They immediately put the blame on others.

My issue is the exact same as everyone else.
The only solution from rogers is to either use the yahoo app or webmail. Both of these solutions are not conducive with consolidating my mail within one app. Yahoo app is very bad as it annoys with advertising and I do not like the navigation within.

This was the solution from very poor rogers support reps.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hearingaid wrote:
Incorrect, my issue started with iOS 18. 

Um, if it started with iOS18, wouldn't that indicate an issue with Apple's OS?  There may be differences in how Apple Mail interfaces with Rogers and other providers, which would be why the issue only manifests itself with Rogers (that we know of).

Others have reported the issue resolved with iOS18.0.1 (and 18.1), not sure why you're still having the issue.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/the-first-ios-18-update-fixes-a-major-bug-with-apple-s-pas...

hearingaid
I've been here awhile
On initial look, it appears as if it is an iOS 18 issue which would be due to apple.

However, rogers has set up their mail service in a way which is completely different from all other providers. The rogers email must log into the rogers member centre to authenticate.
This is where the issue is present. The rogers member service is not working with ios18 as all people are complaining that while connecting to the service with ios18, the screen is blank and therefore the procedure can not be completed.

As this is present with only rogers service, therefore this is a Rogers problem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hearingaid : If you do a web search for "iOS18 email problems", or similar, you will find numerous links to the topic starting in September as people upgraded to 18 on iPhones and iPads.  It does not only affect Rogers emails.  Seems to be a line of code or authentication issue with iOS18, that appears to be resolved with 18.1.

Topic Stats