cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Cellular on Apple Watch Ultra 2

mg2310
I'm here a lot

Hi I am getting error WS508 while I am trying to set cellular on my new watch. Rogers store has set up the SIM and added to my plan but when go to set up cellular on Watch app and I log in and fill up the 911 address and validate it (even selecting the prompted Canada post address) in the next screen I get “Sorry something went wrong” giving an error message: Your smartwatch plan has been activated and added to your account, but we were unable to link the plan to your smartwatch. Please try again later . Error WS508 Please help!

**Labels Added**

37 REPLIES 37

Re: Setting up Cellular on Apple Watch Ultra 2

It’s really weird as I have absolutely no issues with the wifi calling on my phone at all. Just can’t register my watch 🤷🏾‍♂️

keper1984
I've been here awhile
Has this issue been resolved for you? Just signed up with rogers on Sunday and had the same issue with my Ultra. Ticket opened….

Bimmersport
I've been here awhile
My ticket is still outstanding with no updates. I will update once I receive a resolution.

Nope. Same as @Bimmersport. Ticket opened with no update however, i did get a useless automated call from rogers stating that there has been a delay in fixing the issue and they will update me when the issue has been resolved but no definitive time frame

bcarter1
I've been here awhile
I just received this text

“ Rogers svc msg: Update on ticket number C]%{%{^}%]. There's been a delay in fixing the Rogers Wireless problem you told us about, but our technical teams are working on it. We're sorry it's taking so long. We will provide an update as soon as we can.”

KanewtZ
I've been here awhile
Also getting this error on my Ultra 2. Hoping for a fix soon.

Yes I got the exact same message. Still waiting, it’s quite frustrating.

keper1984
I've been here awhile
Just an update. I randomly decided to setup the cellular plan again and it worked this time with no error messages. Water has date independent from the phone. Rogers didn’t call me to advise they fixed the issue but it appears they have. Good luck!

Phil47
I've been here awhile
Definitely seems to be past the 911 problem, but still having problems activating the cellular plan on the watch in my case.

Phil47
I've been here awhile
Success. Cell plan now added to my ultra Apple Watch and Wi-Fi calling activated on my new iPhone 15 Pro.

bcarter1
I've been here awhile
Did Rogers reach out or did you just keep trying?

keper1984
I've been here awhile
I just kept trying periodically and it worked this morning. Funny enough, rogers just texted me saying the issue was resolved as well.

Yes I got the text as well and was able to set up successfully and it’s working fine as of now.

Henrystella
I'm here a lot

Success.

the same

Bimmersport
I've been here awhile
I got no updates from rogers at all, but after seeing the posts here I tried setting up and it worked!

Same! Thanks everyone for the updates! No thanks to rogers for NOT following up.

Have a great day everyone!
Topic Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 26 Likes
  • 12 in conversation