cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Sending an Animoji Video as a Message

Alkalain
I'm here a lot

Hello I searched on the forum for this and I can’t find it anywhere. I have a new iPhone 11 and I love recording 30 second clips of Animoji videos. The problem is, I always get the message failed to send. Answers anybody? Thank you

**Labels Added**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Problems Sending an Animoji Video as a Message

RogersYasmine

Hi @Alkalain,

I can't say I've ever tried sending one out myself, however, I definitely love receiving them! 🤗

Being that you have an iPhone 11, you should have the ability to send them out with no problems. Are you having any issues sending out text or picture messages as well? 

Here is a link to the instructions on how to successfully send an Animoji just to ensure you are not missing any important steps: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208190

If anyone else is having this issue or has an idea of how to get around it, please share your input!

RogersLaura

I would think it should work..

Sending iphone to iphone.. it would go over imessage..  so it would go across data and not touch any MMS part at all.

I wonder who you are sending it to? that person have an apple or android phone?
An android SHOULD be able to receive them.. they would just come across as an video via MMS.

Unless your phone is on some plan which only includes texts and not MMS?

Hello I am not having any other issues sending pictures or text

Hello the other person is on android, and since my plan is brand new I don’t think it excludes anything

Hello again, @Alkalain, and thanks for your reply!

This is definitely a puzzling scenario! Is this exact issue happening when trying to send an Animoji to multiple different recipients? It may help to restart your device and retest. 

You can also try saving the Animoji first before sending it to see if this resolves the issue:

1. Open the message.
2. Touch and hold the Animoji.
3. Tap Save. 

If you continue to experience issues, I would recommend reaching out directly to the Apple team to see if they have any further advice that they can offer.

Kind regards,
RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation