cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPad Pro 5G Support on Rogers

Jvb2112
I plan to stick around

Now that Rogers is selling the 11 inch iPad Pro with 5G support via the Rogers website, when is Rogers going to actually allow tablets that are capable of 5G on their 5G network? I just learned today while trying to get my new 5G capable iPad Pro on the 5G network that Rogers doesn’t permit tablets to actually utilize 5G. This is complete rubbish, and extremely disappointing.  For one, as an Infinite customer, I can find no mention of 5G only being available for phones, and tablets are excluded. Secondly, Rogers in their own marketing videos advertising their 5G network prominently feature actors using tablets. Lastly, Rogers has the new iPad Pro with 5G available for sale on their website and displays the Rogers 5G image above the photo of the iPad. Not only that, but under the product features, specifically call out the tablet’s ability to connect to the 5G network. Rogers is going to have some pretty upset customers who purchase the new iPad to utilize the Roger’s 5G network, only to find out that their devices are only allowed to use LTE. 

Come on Rogers, this is completely unacceptable. 

Josh

*** Edited Labels ***

27 REPLIES 27

Re: New iPad Pro 5G Support on Rogers

Jvb2112
I plan to stick around

I spoke to a rep a few weeks ago and still nothing. 

CTB83
I've been here awhile

As of yesterday this has changed. I was able to connect 5G to my iPad today. You must call or chat to get your plan changed. It is not automatic.

Jvb2112
I plan to stick around

So are they charging you more?

CTB83
I've been here awhile

No difference in price, $10 add on but mine was waived. Today same thing $10 add on but waived. You just need to call to change the plan.

Jvb2112
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the heads up, I called earlier today and was able to get the 5G access added to my iPad Pro 5G.  I tried to do it over the tech support online chat, but he wasn’t able to add the free data back on 5G.  So I called in and the individual on the phone through account changes was able to add the plan to the tablet and wave the $10 a month fee as per what I was getting before.

I’m now writing this message to you from my iPad Pro 12.9 on 5G from a patio while enjoying a coffee 🙂 Thanks again for the heads up that it was finally available.  When I initially spoke to the tech support individual he had no idea the policy had been changed and had to go back to network engineering.

Thanks to the others on this thread for the tip. I just chatted with support and they activated 5G on my tablet lines. When I first requested it, they said it wasn't necessary to change anything. I insisted and he finally did find a setting on his end. You might need to be a little persistent.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
That shows that the support staff may not be trained properly or there is a failure in procedures somewhere internal.
Topic Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 10 in conversation