Iphone xs/xr/max esim support

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Iphone xs/xr/max esim support

Hi

Looks like Rogers will have esim support for the series 4 watch - but I have not seen anything regarding esim support for the new phones -- Bell was highlighted but not a peep from Rogers.

Will Rogers support esims for the new iphones and if so, what is the ETA?

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Iphone xs/xr/max esim support

Hello @Dean604

At this moment Rogers has not announced that the iPhone Xs or Xs Max will utilize the ESIM for the iPhone. They will for the watch since its the only sim for the watch.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dean604

Yeah Unfortunately only Bell is the one using ESIM for the phone it seems.. Rogers, Telus, Fido, Virgin and the rest will use sim slot instead. So i believe that Bell might have gotten a 30-90 days exclusive rights to do this just like they did with the Apple Watch 3 last year ( Telus started selling it in December which was brought to light that Bell did have a exclusive rights for it.).

If that's the case then we just have to wait.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there, so I bought the new iPad Pro 11 inch today and when I called support to get the cellular service transferred from the nano sim on my previous iPad Pro 10.5 inch I discovered that despite the iPad Pro 11 inch only having an eSim, like the Apple Watch, I am told it is not supported by Rogers.

As such I had to cancel the service on my iPad since if I can’t use it, there’s no point paying for it.

very dissapointing especially as no one at Rogers or Apple said anything about this when I researched making the change. I was told it was easy to log into My Rogers and swap the service.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Wazcal

Unfortunately Apple DID say that only Bell in Canada would support ESIM during the Xs / XR announcements. If you pay attention to the Keynote back In September you would have seen this. The same can be for the iPad.

It seems like Bell had exclusive rights at this moment to use ESIM before any other carrier in Canada for the iPhone and the tablet.

The watches see different since Bell had the 60 days exclusive rights last year. So this year all 3 carriers got it at launch. ( Telus started using ESIM on the watches December 2017.)
I've Been Here Awhile

ok so sorry for the confusion - after reviewing this with Apple Business here in Vancouver there is in fact a physical SIM in these iPads. cant believe i missed that myself but there you go - blind as a bat. Not sure why i was initially told only eSIM.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup.

iPads don’t have esims (even the new buttonless pros). Only the Xs and Xs Max have esim/dual sim functionality.

I've Been Here Awhile

any ETA on when Rogers can support esim for iPhones?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kvince

Unfortunately no actual ETA has been given out. Telus is the same thing. Only Bell at this moment is supporting the ESIM function on the new iPhones.

Hopefully it gets enabled soon.
I've Been Around

Re: Dual Sim Phone

Do you have document/instruction to explain how to setup eSIM with my Rogers service?

I do have an iPhone with eSIM capability, but no one seems to know how to do it.

I tried both physical store and phone support.

@RogersMaude wrote:

The only phones that we will support for that particular feature will be iPhones with eSIM (and physical SIM).