cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls on secondary sim going to voice mail on dual sim iPhone XR

Aquazoo
I've been here awhile

I have an unlocked iPhone XR and had my Rogers sim moved to my e sim at Yorkdale Mall. I am now in Europe with a Three pay as you go SIM card in my physical sim bay.  I have Three as my primary sim, and Rogers as secondary. It works well, however my Rogers calls were going straight to voice mail even though I was not on a voice call on the primary sim. (It is supposed to monitor both sims and ring if you get a call, unless you are on a voice call on one of the sims, in which case the other call will go directly to voice mail, and you will not get a notification).

Bottom line is my secondary line (Rogers) was going straight to voice mail even though I was not on a call, and I did show signal strength on both sims. 

By chance while troubleshooting I decided to remove my wi fi calling feature I had selected on my Rogers line, and that resolved the issue. I now receive calls from both sims. 

**Added Labels**

1 REPLY 1

Re: Calls on secondary sim going to voice mail on dual sim iPhone XR

RogersTim
Administrator
Administrator

Hey @Aquazoo,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thanks for your post! 🙂

It's important to have a working line, especially while abroad! Typically, Wi-Fi Calling does work while roaming with an eSIM line. I'm glad to hear you were able to find a temporary fix. To properly troubleshoot Wi-Fi Calling, we'll need you to contact us once you're back in Canada.

Please send us a PM at @CommunityHelps once you're back and we'll look into it further for you.

If you are not familiar with our private messaging system please Click Here

RogersTim

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation