cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy with Likewize

MegM
I've been here awhile

I recently broke the screen on my phone to the point that the screen was black and unusable, I went to Rogers where they gave me the number for Likewize and told me to file a claim as we pay for device protection. I was also told that first screen crack fix is free so I filed my claim through the Likewize website where I had to pay $146 deductible though I assumed that was because I was asking to repair the back glass of my Samsung Note 10+ as that also cracked so I let that go. I got my phone back today after a week only to find out that they removed my sim card and I have lost everything on my phone. I called Likewize who said I would have been informed to remove the sim card prior to repairs as they wipe the phone even though they shouldn't have had to as it was simply outside damage that needed to be repaired and pretty sure you don't need to remove the sim card for that or reset my phone. But also I was never informed either by Rogers or Likewize to remove the sim card prior to sending out nor do I know HOW to remove my sim card. Likewize basically said there was nothing they could do and had the audacity to say I would have to go out and purchase a new sim card. I am completely livid with this company and their utterly distasteful and terrible customer service. Even if they had to remove my sim card it should have been sent back with the phone. Knowing what I know now I would have just gone to a nearby screen replacer company and fix it that way but figured I'm paying for device protection might as well use it not to mention the screen repair was supposed to be free. I can't believe Rogers even associates with this company and I know now I'm no longer going to pay the extra for device protection because it's completely worthless. Very dissatisfied. 

*** Edited Labels ***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Unhappy with Likewize

RogersZia

Good evening @MegM,

Welcome to the Community!

I think it's best practice to back up your device before you send it in for any repairs, be it physical or OS related. I appreciate your detailed feedback and will be happy to forward it to the team in charge.

RogersZia

MegM
I've been here awhile

I would appreciate you forwarding this as you saying to back up my device is not a solution to my problem whatsoever, I've also come to the realization that Likewize instead of repairing my device as I specifically requested instead they simply replaced my device without approval from me then decided to lie to me and try and say it's protocol to reset the phone after repairs when they didn't even repair my phone in the first place.

Hello @MegM ,

Thanks for the additional info. We can certainly understand your reason for concern.

If you would like to place a formal complaint, I would recommend reaching out directly to Likewize and requesting to speak to their Tier 2 support.  Alternatively, you can send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps and we can try to submit the complaint on your behalf.  

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you,

RogersYasmine

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
You should never leave your SIM in a device you send in for repair. Usually these companies have disclaimers and instructions that you need to read and follow. Screen replacements can require a factory reset for the new screen to start working. This is actually not uncommon.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation