cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Connect Google Chromecast since getting Ignite TV

a1959hll
I've been around

I can't get my Chromecast to work since I have had ignite hooked up at my house.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to Connect Google Chromecast since getting Ignite TV

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello a1959hll,

We need a little more information to help you out,  Did you have internet before switching to Ignite? was the  chromecast already setup and working prior to switching to ignite?

What happens often is people have an existing internet, when they connect their devices they connect it to the wireless network of their "old" internet modem, when they switch, they are given a new internet modem for ignite, the new modem will always have a "new" wireless network name, that is different than your old one

once you switch over, you have to now connect all your wireless devices to the NEW network including the google chromecast.  the chromecast might have a reset button on it, I can not remember since i do not have one In front of me but check, if it does, you can re-initialize it and set it up on the new network and you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello a1959hll,

We need a little more information to help you out,  Did you have internet before switching to Ignite? was the  chromecast already setup and working prior to switching to ignite?

What happens often is people have an existing internet, when they connect their devices they connect it to the wireless network of their "old" internet modem, when they switch, they are given a new internet modem for ignite, the new modem will always have a "new" wireless network name, that is different than your old one

once you switch over, you have to now connect all your wireless devices to the NEW network including the google chromecast.  the chromecast might have a reset button on it, I can not remember since i do not have one In front of me but check, if it does, you can re-initialize it and set it up on the new network and you should be good to go.

I Have the same problem. My chromcast was working ok woth my old internet service. I reset the Chromcast to a factory settings and in telling me the internet connection is not secure. One of my old phone (is a google phone) is telling me the same thing, the connection to internet is not secured. What can i do to solve this problem. Thanks

Hi @VicEtobicoke,

Thank you for joining the conversation. Are you unable to connect your devices to your main internet or is the issue only with getting your Chromecast to connect? Have you tried the accepted solution above to see if any of those steps work for you? 

If you can let us know some more details and we will be glad to assist you further. 

Regards,

RogersJermaine

deexastra
I've been around
I'm having the same issue. Ignite has always been temperamental with Chromecast for me but usually after up to 30 minutes or resetting/restarting stuff mutiple tines i can finally get it to work. Alas, its been about a month or two that i cannot get it to work whatsoever. To be clear, i have 2 chromecasts (that you plug into the tv) as well as a chromecast tv. And yes in desperation I have tried on all 3 separate devices with no luck. I have rogers internet of course so that should not be an issue. I've tried deleting the rogers app from my phone and re-downlading. I've tried resetting my devices with no luck. What happens when I try to watch something - i use the icon in the corner to connect to Chromecast. Which works fine. It connects and I get the black screen saying ready to cast. But when I try to cast shows on demand or from live tv, I'll get the 3 dots, the screen of the channel or show and it tried to connect for a good minute and then I get the black screen saying "something went wrong". I have no issues watching pre-recorded stuff on the pvr. But anything on demand or live refuses to work. Help would be much appreciated because I've exhausted all options here.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation