cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S21 - No SD card slot.

BuckMacklin
I'm a reliable contributor

Just thought I would share a heads up for anyone considering upgrading their Samsung to the S21.

Samsung has eliminated the SD card slot.

Yep, in order to make their phones more like Apple iPhones, they have stopped including SD card support.

The new phones do come in different sizes of internal memory, BUT remember the system files take up a lot of the space, so even the 256GB is not really 256GB.

I was surprised, and probably will upgrade my new S21 to 256 from the 128 they sent me.  

I wanted to tell people, so they didn't have to find out the way I did.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Samsung Galaxy S21 - No SD card slot.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I got caught with this when I got my Google Pixel 3XL. I was surprised as I thought all Android phones had SD cards.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Rule of thumb, always check the phone specifications, and when your done, double check them again to make sure it has the features you want.

Android is just the operating system, the phones themselves are made by many different companies (Samsung, Motorola, LG, Huawei, etc) its up to each manufacturer to decide what features they want to include or not on each specific model.

What's likely to be removed next is the 3.5 millimeter headset jack but maybe some models will keep it around longer only time will tell.

Always read the specs

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Headphone jack is already gone. My Pixel 3xl does not have one, my wife's Samsung does not have one.

BuckMacklin
I'm a reliable contributor

The S20 lost the headphone jack.  But it an easy fix.  There are wonderful adapters.

The SD card is not a huge deal breaker, but I just thought to warn people.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation