cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S20/20+/Ultra Reservation / Questions

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around

Hello everyone, 

It's been awhile since I last pre-ordered a device (I last pre-ordered my current S8+ in 2017) and my memory is hazy. 

Can anyone here tell me when the S20 will available for pre-order? I know Telus is opening their pre-orders on the 11th but I have yet to hear anything about Rogers. 

***Added Labels***

169 REPLIES 169

Re: Samsung Galaxy S20/20+/Ultra Reservation / Questions

The funny thing about that is I pre-ordered mine Feburary 11th, a couple of minutes right after the conference and yet my orders are on back order and no eta when it won't be. I don't understand how people who pre-ordered in March is getting the phone before people who Pre-ordered the first week of February and I am on the business side of things as well.

Another "joke" of service is that there is no way to know what number in line I am, they keep telling me that I am number 1 and 4 in line to get the phone but it is in back order. They cannot explain to me WHY my orders were put on back order nor can they explain WHY they can't find my numbers in line anymore but that my orders are 100% placed and they keep insisting that I am number 1 and 4 in the pre-order line but they don't know why we weren't part of the first wave to get the phone.

I was also told it would ship March 6th, I'd get it March 9th. After the 9th "it's in back order" and then I called at the ending of the week to check the status, "you will get it at the end of next week." The week passed and I called again, "it's on back order" and then I called yesterday and was told, "the phones are delayed due to covid-19 and Samsung had sent us a limited quantity, you can try finding one of the stores and asking if you can purchase the phone there, however, you will not get the buds+ bonus."

So if Samsung sent a limited quantity, WHY are people who pre-ordered in March getting it before people whom pre-ordered February 11 - 25?! It makes NO sense whatsoever to me at all.

WHY was the pre-order line flipped (at this point) so that those who pre-ordered early ended up being at the back of the line and those who pre-ordered later being at the front of the line??

Also, all the people who has gotten the phone, are you guys on the consumer side or on the business side? Has anyone from the business side gotten their phones yet??

Androidfanboy
I plan to stick around
I pre-ordered Feb22nd and I got my shipout about 8days after the official launch. I did an online activation/reservation.

Androidfanboy
I plan to stick around
Consumer side!

Albd1
I plan to stick around

Again my biggest issue is always communication. If they had have said oh hey guys we screwed up we shipped x to y instead of you. I would have been annoyed but hey less annoyed then total silence or meaningless soon, soon, constantly. Common Rogers give us some material information. When are you expecting a shipment from Samsung? Does this come weekly, biweekly, do you partition these? Have you started to ship to stores for regular retail, what are some alternatives? Just a constant stream of info would go a long way in helping.

Again I understand super first world problem, complaining over a $2k phone given the global situation. Please rogers lets get some communications on the logistics of what is going on so we have some timelines that we can work with.

I did that as well, no idea what is going on then and also, I did try calling all the stores, they are either all sold out and the ones who do have it are saying they cannot sell it because they are pre-orders that hasn't been picked up yet...

Thanks for replying back to me guys. At this point I don't want to cancel due to the buds+ but this back order excuse is killing me, especially since they cannot explain why it's in back order and no eta of when it won't be....

Androidfanboy
I plan to stick around
Agreed...I think pre-orders are going out faster than reservations.

Androidfanboy
I plan to stick around
The buds r awesome so yeah DONT cancel.

spegs
I plan to stick around

What is interesting is if I go to order one now online (I assume we are all talking to Ultra as the smaller S20's have been widely available since launch), it says shipping in 5-7 business days right up to the point before I confirm my order. No where does it say that the unit is back ordered or unavailable. 

I wonder how fast I would get it if I made a regular order online now...🤔

spegs
I plan to stick around

Any word as to when the pre orders/ reservations will actually ship? Seems that there are a lot of delays mentioned on the S20 reservation/pre order thread and no one from Rogers is commenting.🤔

spegs
I plan to stick around

Best Buy currently has them available for online order with guaranteed shipping. 

BB .jpg

Zhoumi
I'm here a lot

See? It makes absolutely no sense. Still no emails for me from Rogers.

Albd1
I plan to stick around

So I just got off live chat from Rogers. For what it is worth he was speculating(keyword speculating) 1-2 weeks for me and I'm in the 340ies and preordered on Feb 27th via device reservation page for pickup in-store(assuming I still can pick up in-store given the current situation). Although for most others(ordered after launch) apparently it is looking like 3+ weeks so really a mixed bag. A bit disappointing that I had to reach out directly to get an update but I guess that's life. I just wanted to try and pass along any info I have gotten. I will try and post here when I have the device shipped (order goes from open to in-progress) then in hand.

theka
I've been here awhile

this is super ridiculous I pre ordered/reserved early ive been sitting at 95 for a long while now. When is this going to goto my local store  so i can pick the thing up. Live chat had no clue and called the store they have no clue. Is everyone at rogers clueless about this situation?

I pre-ordered mine Feb 15th and have not received it yet.

Sinavus
I've been here awhile

I had the same when I contacted the store and the chat, I am currently sitting at #9 for my reservation that I made on Feb 22nd. Hoping this week would be come with good news but it is not looking too great at the moment.

SunnyHari0
I plan to stick around
Normally Rogers sends out shipping emails on Thursday and delivery of the device on friday. I got mine this friday and i pre ordered on march 4. I did an upgrade to my existing rogers account. Also pre orders with the option to ship to home is the quickest out of all. Also before i got my device i went to rogers store on wednesday they said they will send out the pre orders before they send out to the stores. Also pre orders on the upgrades or new line activations are way faster than reservations. I sincerely hope you guys get it asap so that you guys can enjoy this awesome phone in bad times that we are facing now. I am so thankful to Rogers for sending out my device early. Now atleast i can enjoy stuff on my phone while sitting home looking for my kid. Everything around me was put on lockdown today due to the virus. Good luck to all and dont cancel ur pre orders because you wont get free buds+ anywhere else now.

Androidfanboy
I plan to stick around
My reservation was a new line activation done at Roger's.com done Feb 22nd.Recieved the email with new line paperwork march 11th AM.Then shipping email with tracking number was received same day PM.Delivered March 12th.

Androidfanboy
I plan to stick around
I reserved online same day as you and got my device march 12th.

TheSlyph
I've been here awhile

I pre-ordered the 512GB version through best buy. Still haven't received anything other than an order confirmation. Has anyone got theirs from Best buy yet? Has anyone got the 512GB version yet? or from best buy?

I have an update on my situation for you guys. I just recieved the email stating that both of my s20 Ultras has been shipped! No tracking number which I found odd but they are on their way.

To those that are still waiting, please call and make sure that you are in the reservation line. Pre-ordering and reserving are two different things. All this time the real reason my pre-order was back ordered was because I was not put into the reservation line. So this is why my pre-order kept being bypassed. Mind you that it was a Roger's agent that did the pre-order for me via phone so perhaps something went wrong and she didn't catch it. So make sure you ask them what place in the reservation line you are and if they can't find you in it or tell you "I don't see any reservation for your order". Ask them if they can email the shipping department and let them know that you weren't put in the reservation line but you did pre-order the phone. This should escalate your order to the shipping team because perhaps they aren't aware.

Also I did not pre-order via Best Buy but perhaps you may still need to contact Rogers as I was told before that Rogers has to ship it to Best Buy in order for you to receive the phone and also mine is 128 GB version.

I will keep you all posted on any further updates. I hope you guys all will get your phones soon. This launch was a nightmare and I know it sounds like a broken record but do not give up hope and keep being persistent! If you speak to a Roger's agent that isn't fulfilling your request or you feel they did not so enough to help you. Hang up and call again.

I want to say a huge thank you to Marina as she personally went above and beyond to find out what the issue was for my order and got them to ship my phone out.

spegs
I plan to stick around

Back ordered 3+ weeks. So realistically probably looking at over a month before we get anything, and if Covid-19 keeps taking people out of work probably even longer. 

Rogers.jpg

Topic Stats