cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile hotspot having stability and connection issues

jamesauyeung
I've been here awhile

When I turn on Wi-Fi Hotspot on my Huawei Mate 10 Pro (which I bring back from Japan and is unlocked), I can notice that the data connection will become unstable (repeating drop/on continuously) and both the Huawei and the other phone that use it as the hotspot will not have any data access. And when I turn the Wi-Fi Hotspot off, the data connect will be back to stable.

I have tried on other Android phone and it work perfectly so it must be something with the phone and wonder if someone has any suggestion to fix that 

***EDITED LABELS***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Mobile hotspot having stability and connection issues

RogersZia

Hello @jamesauyeung,

Welcome to the Community!

If you're experiencing connectivity issues with specific devices, the issue may be with the device it self. The device you're trying to connect with the hotspot, does it work with any other hotspot or data devices? Have you tried to connect it to WIFI outside of your home network?

While we cannot guarantee functionality on a non Rogers device, the Community may be able to provide you with some insight. @-G- do you have any thoughts?

RogersZia

jamesauyeung
I've been here awhile

Hi Zia

The device i try to connect to the hotspot work perfectly with other hotspot or Wi-Fi, seems like the issue is with the Mate 10 that i try to use as the hotspot

thanks

James

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersZia  Sorry, I'm not an Android user so I don't have any helpful tips that I can share and from a technical perspective, many different things could be causing this.

I tried searching the Internet for things such as android hotspot "mobile data" unstable and that returned a number of potentially helpful links.  Here's one: https://www.tenorshare.com/fix-android/fix-hotspot-not-working-android.html

@jamesauyeung  I wish that I could be of more help.  Best of luck with getting this resolved!

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation