cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Text Messages

Saskey
I plan to stick around

Some friends are telling us that they sent Text messages, which we are not receiving.  They are infrequent but random. Just today, I did not receive one on our second device (Samsung).  Is this a common Rogers issue?

***Edited Labels***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Missing Text Messages

RogersZia

Hey @Saskey,

That's odd, how long has this been happening for? I assume both your devices are androids, but what devices are the senders using? Also is the issue specific to the same senders? May I know what devices are you using? What about you texting those same friends? Are they able to receive all your messages?

We haven't gotten any feedback for this issue so far. Anyone else in the Community experiencing something similar?

RogersZia

adavey
I've been here awhile

Yes! It happens to me ALL the time! Sometimes it takes 24+ hours to receive a simple text message. Not much good if I'm waiting for instructions or any other time-sensitive message. It's been happening for about 12 months now, on a Samsung Galaxy A5.  Been a Rogers client for coming on 19 years, but just about ready to give up and switch carriers. Even restarting the phone is no guarantee the texts will be received.

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post @adavey,

I can certainly understand the frustration of not being able to receive all the text messages. I realize you've been experiencing this issue for about a year now, do you know if it's specific to a certain sender? Have you had a chance to speak to our wireless tech support in the past 12 months?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

Mf66
I've been here awhile
My wife and I have two phones with Rogers. They are both Android. Previously we each had a One Plus, and now we each have Pixels. It happens to us once in a while that we know of. I believe the messages are just lost, never being received at all. I think I will try another carrier, but can come back and post here if it happens with them too.

adavey
I've been here awhile

I fixed it!

I changed carriers and now I get everything, even phone calls in areas I NEVER could before

I don't use text so I pay 30 cents per message. I use maybe 1 or 2 a year if that. But someone sent me a couple last night and I got one only. I see that I have been charged for another one but I have yet to receive it. It has been just over 24 hours and nothing yet but the charge is there.

Hello @Sandyko,

Welcome to the Community!

Are the missing messages all from the same number? Have you received all the messages since you last posted here? What device are you using? Has this ever happened before?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.

RogersZia

charade1
I've been around

This has begun to happen to me. Missing several important texts. Will likely research some more and perhaps look at new carriers. Many friends are asking why I am not responding to time-sensitive texts.

Good evening @charade1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community. I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues receiving text messages.

How long have you had this issue for? To better assist you, we'll need more information from you. What OS is the phone you're using and do you know what type of devices the senders are using?

If you could elaborate on the troubleshooting steps you've gone through so far, it would help us tremendously as well.

Did you recently make the switch from an iPhone to an Android or vice versa? If some people were contacting you through iMessage it would explain why a text message wouldn't be delivered. That's just an idea or an example of what could possibly happening.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

HEXA
I've been here awhile
Yes this happens to me all the time.
Sometimes it's just one person number cannot receive my txt even when we right beside each other.. both rogers customers
Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 in conversation