cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy 5 LTE watch - does not support number pairing with phone

Tristan1
I'm here a lot

Hi 

So apparently while in LTE mode, if you get a nice Galaxy 5 LTE watch and activate it on your account you will not be able to recieve calls on it if someone tries to call you on your cell phone.  For a person to call you on your watch in LTE mode, they need to dial a phone number associated to your watch.   Most carriers watch and phone use the same phone number, both ring together when the watch is in LTE mode.. 

This is disappointing... 

***Added Labels***

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Galaxy 5 LTE watch - does not support number pairing with phone

I got a call from a tech support 'supervisor'. So it appears that there needs to be the IMEI from the phone and the watch entered in the Rogers database in order for this to work. He suggests that I go to a corporate store to see if they can manually add my watch IMEI so that this feature will work, but he also said that is only a "possibility"

I have cancelled my watch line. Useless.

gqtrebor
I plan to stick around

Funny, i just bought a Galaxy ultra watch and it too does not work on LTE. not sure .

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
That is why I left Telus to come back to Rogers. They don't care what model, firmware, or if the device is compatible or not. All they care about is where you purchased it. They whitelist the IMEI's of devices they sell and refuse to do so for anything you didn't buy directly from them.

belerud
I plan to stick around

Funny enough, I suspected the same.  Rogers told me many times that my BYOD watch IMEI was "Not available" to them, and Telus said the same thing when I switched.  Miraculously, it all worked out when I bought a BYOD Samsung phone...  Bought the Telus combo phone/watch plans and paired LTE directly from the phone, no CSRep involved...  I suspect it would have worked with Rogers as well... 

Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 in conversation