cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone order Huawei Mate 20 pro? Free tablet per account now...

wawa2010
I'm here a lot

I want to upgrade my phone, but I have to pay off $400 of my current phone balance. Smiley Sad

***Added Labels***

87 REPLIES 87

Re: Anyone order Huawei Mate 20 pro? Free tablet per account now...

candroid
I plan to stick around

@stefman722 A180040 ?  Not sure what 00 and 40 are supposed to represent in month and day? You are probably right though, I was thinking the back order is due to them fixing the screen issue as even the black models are barely available in stores...well here anyways. 

samidib87
I've been here awhile
The A signifies October build and 18 is the year, the two digits prior to A will give you the production day. Hope this helps!

I'm in the same boat, I have ordered and paid a deposit on Nov 6 and so far nothing. The only confirmation of the order, but no other communication. When are they getting shipped?

The last time I have spoke to someone it was Wednesdayof this week. At that time they were telling me still 1 to 3 weeks until they see the twilight phones with no real reason why.

The interesting thing is I checked my local Telus store and they had the twilight phone and they had it on display. I at least had a chance to see one of these rare phones and it seems as though they had no problem getting their shipment, and that rep had not heard of any being returned.

candroid
I plan to stick around

Either people are dropping out of the pre order for the twilight or Rogers is finally getting stock because I have jumped 4 spots in line in the past 2 days although I already got the black one but if the twilight one shows up within my return period I will exchange it.  So far, I have had no screen issues with mine..fingers crossed!!

EvoX2013
I plan to stick around
Haha bell is the same they’ve got lots in twilight and only twilight actually with no issues I’m moving on anyways, Rogers gave me a phone call yesterday to tell me that they will receive them in 20 business days still waiting on back orders ordered mine Nov 2 and who knows how long till they send them out haha what a joke oh by the way bell has 4 extra GB now so I’m gonna be making that move this weekend but Im curious when you guys get your phones so I’ll continue to follow haha

stefman722
I plan to stick around
If you have the black one I wonder what OLED panel you have. Download the app from playstore called device info HW and open the app. It will either say LG or BOE under touchscreen. Let me know! If you have LG you must certainly will have the issue. Probably already do. Lol

candroid
I plan to stick around
I have the black one, I already checked and it is the LG but fortunately I have no issues so far BUT it's only been 2 days lol

babybug
I've been around

How do you find out your place in line?  

I finally received an email this afternoon with an update of my service agreement, I assume it is a good sign hopefully, the device will be shipped shortly. (I preordered the twilight one on Oct 31)

Hebrewchucknorr
I've been around
I preordered the twilight model, it has the some bleeding while viewing certain colours (greys are worst). I'm away on a business trip until the 18th, what are my options?

Thabks

Call Rogers tech support at 18553817835 and tell them your phone is suffering from the green screen bleed that is all over the internet. I'm on my second one and guess what! My phone also just started doing it again 😞 luckily Rogers has been good exchanging it so far. The problem is it won't be fixed until Rogers gets rid of its current batch of phones. All the ones with LG will develop this problem.

YoniMutonji
I plan to stick around

@stefman722  ... sorry to hear... Mate 20 Pro is truly a great all around phone. it's a shame Huawei couldn't build input a better screen. i didn't want to go through the headaches of having to exchange phones multiple times, so i caved and switched mine for the Note9... don't regret the decision. Hopefully your third exchange is the non-lg manufactured screen 

Wreckedz
I've been here awhile
Pre-ordered the twilight one on Nov 7 and i have yet received any kind of confirmation. They just tell me each week that they expect stock but they never receive them...

EvoX2013
I plan to stick around
Well mine just showed up in the twilight, I have the Boe screen and there is no green screen bleed just thaught I let you guys know.

Wreckedz
I've been here awhile
Awesome news for you! When did you pre order it

stefman722
I plan to stick around
Great!

Just be sure to keep an eye on it. Symptoms sometimes don't appear for two or three days. An app OLED tools will help with determining if it has it by doing the low brightness test all the way at the bottom of the app. Keep us posted!

EvoX2013
I plan to stick around
Ya I’ll keep an eye on it, pre ordered Nov 2

giz02
I've been here awhile

Pre-ordered mine Nov 1.

Got notice that it has 'shipped' 

I selected in-store pickup.

Not sure what shipped means - is it in the store yet, or still in transit?

EVOX

Did you get your tablet?

EvoX2013
I plan to stick around
Hey , not sure how the in store pick up works but I didn't get a ups tracking number until they picked it up from Rogers so it might still be at their facility, you can call to find out also when they shipped mine I had to sign for it too and yes I got the Tablet.

constable145
I plan to stick around

I'm now on my second mate 20 pro. This one too will need to be replaced. I've missed the 15 day window for the in-store replacement due to a defective device.. now i'm dealing with Huawei.. they tell me I have to send the device back in  to them. This is infuriating. 5-8 business days without a phone, but what choice do I have? Even if  I was in the return window to the store, I'd hazard a guess that all of the handsets Rogers has contain the LG screen....

Does anyone have experience with the Rogers loaner phone program?

Topic Stats