cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer of responsibility

Tk416
I've been around

Does anyone know or have a # to contact Rogers to do this properly or what group I need to talk to. We've decided at our business to move from business plans to personal plans and have received confirmation/reference ID #'s so that my phone # does not get lost and transfers properly. 

However when calling in and trying to get anyone to help has been a nightmare. Been on the phone for almost 3 hours and called in around 10 times and no one has been able to assist. At this point, I'm thinking of just moving all services to another provider getting ridiculous. 

***Added Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: transfer of responsibility

RogersYasmine

Hello @Tk416,

Thanks for joining us here in the Rogers Community and for posting your concerns. 🙂

I understand that completing a Change of Ownership of your wireless lines from a business account to individual personal accounts can be a bit of a process. We definitely appreciate your patience. If the wireless lines are each going to different people then we would need the current individual who is authorized on the Business Account to first reach out to provide the permissions for each individual person to take over each specified line so we can document the account accordingly. Based on your post, it sounds like this step has already been completed, is that right? Also, I'm a bit confused as to why no one was able to assist when you called in--what was the issue?

Once the above step is completed, each individual would then need to reach out on their own to have the process completed. In a case where a NEW wireless account activation is required, an individual would need to provide us with their billing details, date of birth and at least two pieces of valid ID and a credit check would be required. In a case where an individual already has an existing wireless account and would like their wireless line transferred there, we'd need to review the account to see if a credit check is required or if they are already approved for the additional line to be transferred in.

A few other things to note is that both the existing and destination accounts do need to be in good standing as far as the balance goes. Additionally, there cannot have been a new line activated or a device upgrade processed within the last 30 days. We also cannot transfer an outstanding financing balance (if applicable) over to another account and it must be paid out on the original account beforehand.

In order to have the Change of Ownership completed, each individual may reach out to us at 1-888-764-3771, 7 days per week between 7am-Midnight (EST). We also have our Live Chat team (also 7 days per week from 7am-Midnight, EST) and Social Media team (24/7 support) who would be happy to assist as well. To view all our avenues of support, please click HERE

Kind regards,
RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation