cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Activate New Services After Credit Check

Renzelgunz
I've been here awhile

Hello,

I recently decided to move back to Rogers after being with Bell for the last 5-6 years. Did a credit check and was approved for 3 lines. Did an order and was given a order number.  A few days later, I notice that I didn't receive a shipment confirmation and decided to call.  The agents tell me that I have an unpaid account with Rogers that was brought to collection 4 years ago and an hold has been put on my account till I pay the debt.  Problem is that I paid the debt 3 years ago and they wanted proof, I send the acquittance letter and its been MIA ever since.  The hold is still on my account.  Also. I have no miss payment for the past 6 years and credit is excellent now with a 100k line of credit with several credit cards.  I just want to know if I will not be allowed to get a line with Rogers, if not I'll just stay with Bell tbh, just tired of having to call to fix my bill every month.   Additionally, an agent told me that they can do another credit check to see if the hold is gone, I don't feel conformable doing another credit check if I was approved for 3 lines 48 hours prior. 

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to Activate New Services After Credit Check

RogersZia

Good evening @Renzelgunz,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for describing the details. When you were asked to send proof, were you given a case or a reference number at all? Typically if a case is created for a credit issue, you're notified via email or SMS once it's been completed.

Of course I would have a clearer answer if I had access to your account. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'd be happy to look into this for you. 

If you're unfamiliar with how our private message system works, please check out this blog.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

RogersZia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersZia

Good evening @Renzelgunz,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for describing the details. When you were asked to send proof, were you given a case or a reference number at all? Typically if a case is created for a credit issue, you're notified via email or SMS once it's been completed.

Of course I would have a clearer answer if I had access to your account. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'd be happy to look into this for you. 

If you're unfamiliar with how our private message system works, please check out this blog.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

RogersZia

Dee79
I've been around

Credit block on account

Hi there,
I am a longstanding customer with Rogers. About 12 years ago, I filed for bankruptcy and now everytime I attempt to upgrade my hardware or add a line, I am told by Rogers agents that there is an internal block on my account tgat they cant remove or override. My payment history since the bankruptcy has been perfect. Yet everytime i attempt an upgrade i end up spending at least 3hrs in the store dealing with dealer support, collections and loyalty to sort this out and force the transaction through. This is extremely frustrating and a poor experience for a loyal customer. How do i get this block removed?

Greetings and welcome to our Community @Dee79!

I can certainly understand how this situation would become frustrating over time. In order to put this matter to rest, I would recommend that you call 1 877 559-5202 and speak with our Credit Operations department. If the flag on your account can be removed, they would be the ones to do it.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation