cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Cancellation Experience

fc888
I'm here a lot

I have been having issues with my home internet connection for the past month or so. I called technical support numerous times and was told there was interference in one of my lines. A Rogers technician was sent out to the house to try and resolve the issue. The technician was unabIe to resolve the line interference issue and instead relocated my Rogers modem from my upstairs office to the basement as a workaround. Shortly thereafter, I continued to have connection and speed issues with our home internet. I called technical support again and they recommended to NOT use my Rogers modem in bridge mode and instead use it as the router for our home wi-fi (I was previously using the Rogers modem as a bridge to a mesh wi-fi router). This resulted in a really slow and spotty internet connection in our home.

Working from home and with kids dependent on a reliable internet service, I decided to cancel my Rogers Home  Internet. When I called to cancel, I was told that there was a 2 year agreement and there would be an early cancellation fee of around $200. When Rogers offered me a monthly discount on my bill about a year prior, I was not made aware that it was for a 24-month contract and there would be an early cancellation fee.

In addition, when I received instructions on how to return the Rogers modem, I saw that there is an Ignite TV box that I am supposed to return as well. I have not had Rogers TV in many years and I don't recall receiving this tv box when they sent me the modem. They are now telling me that there is going to be a charge of $250-$400 if I don' t return this Ignite TV box. It's now going to cost me over $500 to cancel my Rogers Home Internet that was slow and unreliable. There's no way this tv box should cost this much money. The Rogers representative I spoke to on the phone said they just get discarded when returned. I hear this from people all the time, but I feel like Rogers is literally robbing me!!!

*Added Labels*

1 REPLY 1

Re: Terrible Cancellation Experience

RogersMoin

Hello, @fc888.

We appreciate you sharing your Internet service issues and cancellation experience. Understandably, having a reliable Internet connection is critical, especially when working from home.

It's disheartening that you have parted ways with us.

You can check your email; you have received a couple of emails with the Critical Information Summary and Residential Service Agreement outlining the details of the term/contract.

I understand you are working with our Customer Care; they should be able to pull up the interaction, check the term details discussed, and work with you toward a resolution.

Regards,
RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation