cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stack TV

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Stack TV has been available on Ignite TV and SmartStream for a while now but I can't find any information about the package on Rogers.com.  The Stack TV channels have been available as conventional Flex Channels on Ignite TV since the beginning.  However, the Stack TV packaged channels have their own distinct channels located at the high end of the Ignite TV channel lineup.

What is the difference between the Stack TV channels and their normal/Flex Channel counterparts?  (How is Stack TV different from subscribing to a hypothetical Corus TV  Theme Pack?). Are the content rights different in any way?  Do Stack TV subscribers have more on-demand content available to them?  Is the Stack TV offering on Ignite identical to that on Amazon Prime?

@CommunityHelps  Are there any plans for a Stack TV Blog post, similar to what you did for Shudder?

Are there any Ignite Stack TV subscribers here in the Community who can share their experiences?

Thanks!

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Stack TV

RogersTony

Hello, @-G-

Thanks so much for your post.

We can definitely share a bit more information about StackTV. 

StackTV allows you to access a selection of live TV channels and on-demand programming that are uncut and commercial free. Includes programing from the following 13 networks: Adult Swim, Food Network Canada, Global, HGTV Canada, History, Lifetime Network, National Geographic, Showcase, Slice, Teletoon, Treehouse, W Network and YTV.

You can access the StackTV app on your Ignite TV box either by using Voice Remote or in the apps section of the Ignite TV set top box. 

We can definitely look into posting a blog with more details on this and try to answer all of your questions. 

Stay tuned for more details.

RogersTony

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersTony

Hello, @-G-

Thanks so much for your post.

We can definitely share a bit more information about StackTV. 

StackTV allows you to access a selection of live TV channels and on-demand programming that are uncut and commercial free. Includes programing from the following 13 networks: Adult Swim, Food Network Canada, Global, HGTV Canada, History, Lifetime Network, National Geographic, Showcase, Slice, Teletoon, Treehouse, W Network and YTV.

You can access the StackTV app on your Ignite TV box either by using Voice Remote or in the apps section of the Ignite TV set top box. 

We can definitely look into posting a blog with more details on this and try to answer all of your questions. 

Stay tuned for more details.

RogersTony

ddddeed2
I've been here awhile

Other posts say there are ads and it is not ad free - which is correct?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ddddeed2 wrote:

Other posts say there are ads and it is not ad free - which is correct?

As far as I know, the live channels that you get with Stack TV are the same channels that you would get if you subscribed to them through a conventional TV service, ads an all.  I'm pretty sure that their On-Demand content is not ad-free either.

I was trying to figure out the value proposition that Stack TV offers.  For $10/month, you get more channels than what you would get in a typical Ignite TV Theme Pack.  Stack TV also offers more On Demand content than what you would have access to if you subscribed to those channels directly from Rogers.

Also, if you are thinking about signing up for a free trial, doing it through Amazon is probably the better option, only because they make it easy to unsubscribe.  With Rogers, cancelling your Stack TV subscription can be a bit of a challenge.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation