cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers changed my phone number without my consent

tech434
I've been here awhile

I have 2 phone numbers, A and B. I called Rogers support to change my number on B because someone was spoofing my number and calling random people. Despite me making clear to the service agent that I wanted to change B, they changed my phone number A. Now I called back to say they made a mistake and changed the wrong number - they told me they can't do anything to get my old number A back now that it has been changed. What? What are my options here? Is it even legal to change someone's phone number without their consent? Isn't that in a contract somewhere? Everything in my life is tied to phone number A, phone number B was a business line.

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers changed my phone number without my consent

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tech434 AFAIK, phone numbers go into a "holding bin" for a period of time, just for such a purpose.  Provided this was recent (in the past month say) you should be able to get your phone number back. Try a different Rogers CSR and/or escallate the issue within Rogers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tech434 AFAIK, phone numbers go into a "holding bin" for a period of time, just for such a purpose.  Provided this was recent (in the past month say) you should be able to get your phone number back. Try a different Rogers CSR and/or escallate the issue within Rogers.

tech434
I've been here awhile

I just called back and got someone to change it back for me - thank you!

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

A telemarketer or spammer could just as easily spoof number A or any other number. 

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation