cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single or Double name for holder of a Rogers Account?

User14
I'm a trusted contributor

Hello. 

This is an esoteric question regarding the naming convention used for a Rogers Account. I suspect that the system can only handle one name as the Account Holder, not two.

Let’s say a couple called Don Smith and Jane White open a Rogers account. They share the phone, Cable TV and Internet. They get messages from Rogers that say Hello J White and D Smith.  Their Account Invoice also says Hello J White and D Smith.  I recently changed the Account Holder from myself, ie   Don Smith to my wife ie Jane Smith on-line along with her email address. 

I received this message on my email address:

"The name of your account holder has been updated. 

Please note that your MyRogers username will remain the same."

The Rogers profile now has both names hyphenated like this D-J Smith-White.

I am just a little curious as to why the name on the account would be changed to this?

I am also curious as to why the email was sent to me instead of my wife.

Before I try to make changes again, can someone explain the naming conventions used by Rogers for the primary and secondary account holders?  Does one Rogers email have to be associated with the Account?

“Want to manage your account more easily? Did you know that with MyRogers, you can edit your account information, monitor your usage, and even get personalized troubleshooting tips right from your phone?”

Thanks in advance.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Single or Double name for holder of a Rogers Account?

RogersZia

Hi @User14,

I know you've mentioned that you have changed the email address on the account. But did you change the email address for your MyRogers account too? Have you registered a MyRogers profile under the new email address? Unless the account is linked to the new email you will continue to receive the emails on the address your MyRogers profile is linked to.

As far as this name change is confirmed, we'd have to review your account to confirm what the account holder name shows as on our end. You can reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps for further clarification.

Hope this helps.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersZia

Hi @User14,

I know you've mentioned that you have changed the email address on the account. But did you change the email address for your MyRogers account too? Have you registered a MyRogers profile under the new email address? Unless the account is linked to the new email you will continue to receive the emails on the address your MyRogers profile is linked to.

As far as this name change is confirmed, we'd have to review your account to confirm what the account holder name shows as on our end. You can reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps for further clarification.

Hope this helps.

RogersZia

User14
I'm a trusted contributor

@RogersZia wrote:

Hi @User14,

Hope this helps.

RogersZia

I think I understand the difference in where the names show up.  There is a Username, an Account name, and Caller ID name that can be different. The email for the Contact Info is also different (on the wireless cellular side)

Thanks.

Caller ID change.jpg

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation