cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-Install Ignite TV service

gord123456
I've been here awhile

I have to wait 3 months for an ignite upgrade???

Okay so here’s the situation: I have been a rogers customer for 2 years and my original bundle discount ended ( and my bill went up $107 a month , so I called up after getting the hike and spoke with a lady who was helpful and I upgraded to a new 1 year ( not 2 years anymore) plan that gave me the ignite package . so because of Covid 19 the lady scheduled my install appointment for 1 month later when my next billing cycle would begin so I said sure I understand . well the night before my install was to happen i get an email stating that my install date would now be JUNE 25th which is 3 months and 2 days after my initial call ??? I called customer service and inquired about the tochless delivery and self install options and was rudely told that that was not an option for me as i’m a present rogers customer and not a new customer??? SO that means that loyalty means absolutely NOTHING to rogers and a new person just coming to rogers would be installed right away and i have to wait 3 months and CANNOT get a self install delivered ??? I was then told that it was because I have rogers services and they are prioritizing people that presently do not have services ?? WOW so i am forbidden from getting what anyone who is not a rogers customer can get and have to wait 3 months for an install because i a loyal rogers customer?? I have a tv bundle right now internet and * a home phone which i have never used even once as its part of the bundle and i don’t even have a phone to use on the included landline as i only use my cell phone and have no need for a landline BUT to get a discount on a package O have to have a landline that i will never use. MY ISSUE IS why should I wait 3 months for an ignite upgrade when ANYONE ELSE who is not a rogers customer can get it right away with self install and touch less delivery ?? I mentioned that I might go to BELL and the person I was speaking to arrogantly said that i cannot cancel my servive as i cannot return my equipment at this time due to covid 19 ??? I have called up many times to get a solution to this issue but keep getting told there is NOTHING they can do as o schedulled an appointment march 23rd and won’t get anything till june 25th HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?? I called Bell and they could have a person out mid next week to hook up a FIBE package , but my present company ROGERS is making me wait 3 months???? has anyone else experienced this nonsense from rogers ? I even asked to speak to a supervisor and was told no . also in closing my internet keeps dropping out i have been on the phone with tech support 3 times and they attempt to fix it remotely and i still get 6mb ( yes mb not go) per second on a supposive 500 mps plan what should i do i was told i would continue to be billed for equipment even if o went to bell someone please help me

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Self-Install Ignite TV service

RogersMoin

Hello, @gord123456.

Thank you for your post, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

I can appreciate your situation, waiting for so long for Ignite TV services installation can be quite frustrating. At this time, we are not able to provide Enhanced Self-Install options for the customers who are migrating the Internet, TV and Home Phone to Ignite TV services, even if you are not using Home Phone. 

We are working on adding more products for Self-Installation; thank you for your understanding as we work continuously to meet the needs of our customers during this challenging time.    

While we are waiting on this, we can surely look into addressing the speed issue. To get started, please log into the modem and navigate to Status/DOCSIS WAN and post the Downstream, Upstream and OFDM sections so that we can examine the signal levels. You can start a new post on the Internet board with more details so the Community can share their expertise. 

Regards,
RogersMoin

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gord123456  I don't believe that this is a loyal vs. new customer issue.  I think the show-stopper is that you have the legacy Rogers Home Phone service.  A technician is required to deal with more complex Home Phone installations and also only they have access to the tools required to complete a phone number port in Rogers' back-end systems.  Right now, Rogers does not have a good process in place for dealing with this situation.

If you truly don't care about Home Phone, you might be able to transition to Ignite TV immediately by cancelling your phone service.  Alternatively, since you have a scheduled install date for Ignite TV, perhaps Rogers can apply credits to your monthly bill to either effectively extend your current discount or to charge you the equivalent of what you would have been paying with your new Ignite TV offer.

I would click on @CommunityHelps  and send them a Private Message to see what can be done to remedy this situation until your Ignite TV service gets installed.

also in closing my internet keeps dropping out i have been on the phone with tech support 3 times and they attempt to fix it remotely and i still get 6mb ( yes mb not go) per second on a supposive 500 mps plan what should i do i was told i would continue to be billed for equipment even if o went to bell someone please help me

This is also something that absolutely needs to get fixed before you migrate to Ignite TV since that service is delivered over your Internet connection.

RogersMoin

Hello, @gord123456.

Thank you for your post, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

I can appreciate your situation, waiting for so long for Ignite TV services installation can be quite frustrating. At this time, we are not able to provide Enhanced Self-Install options for the customers who are migrating the Internet, TV and Home Phone to Ignite TV services, even if you are not using Home Phone. 

We are working on adding more products for Self-Installation; thank you for your understanding as we work continuously to meet the needs of our customers during this challenging time.    

While we are waiting on this, we can surely look into addressing the speed issue. To get started, please log into the modem and navigate to Status/DOCSIS WAN and post the Downstream, Upstream and OFDM sections so that we can examine the signal levels. You can start a new post on the Internet board with more details so the Community can share their expertise. 

Regards,
RogersMoin

Stever53
I've been here awhile

Had the same situation today when I called. Promotions ending in a few weeks and had read where they want people to switch over to Ignite. When I tried got the same explanation that self install is only for new customers. Its a cable running in the house just like a new customer would have. I too have never used the home phone, its wired up but never plugged into it. Tried to get promotion extended and they wouldn't. This to me seems like a pure money grab knowing the situation with Covid. Making up some profit losses from the Blue Jays lol. Ive tried to get straight answers on multiple platforms but get the same generic response. They did tell me on phone something might be happening in a few days but that could of just been to get me off the phone. Very sketchy business going on here IMO

gord123456
I've been here awhile
Ive called 5 times and get the runaround .how can a new customer get everything with self install yet i cannot cant i just do it the same way a person would that didnt have any services why have i been waiting since march 23rd and my neighbor 4 apts down got it within less than a week because they signed up ?? And didnt have anything rogers loyality means nothing to rogers nothing at all they want new customers during covid yet treat loyal customers like something that rhymes with hit how can a person with zero anything rogers self install and i cant being with rogers prior and this . . about it being different ? How how can a person with nothing get it why cant i get it because lets say i do the same thing a person with nothing does would that not work the same ? Is a person that has nothing and gets it lets pretend i have nothing and give it to me i even called bell and they would give me bell fibe internet and a really good internet package and tv package in 3 days but rogers who i am with is making me wait 3 months??? I was with bell a few years back and switched to rogers looks like im gonna consider going back to bell because loyality means ZERO to rogers

phil57
I plan to stick around

I tried today to get ignite  and they told me they just got news and they were suspending the self install. Darn funny company if you ask me. is this correct does anyone know.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@phil57 wrote:

I tried today to get ignite  and they told me they just got news and they were suspending the self install. Darn funny company if you ask me. is this correct does anyone know.

The Self Install option is still shown prominently on the Rogers home page.  However, I know that Digital TV customers (and those with other legacy services, such as Home Phone) wanting to switch to Ignite TV have been told that Self Install is not available to them, and this has been the case for quite a while now.  Self Install also (most likely) will not be available in new homes or where the incoming Rogers cable (or fibre) feed from the street has not already been pre-installed or roughed-in.

phil57
I plan to stick around

Funny that about 3 weeks ago a tech was out and run a new line for me . He said i should get ignite, he would drop off the stuff and i could do it. A while ago i went on website and done it to a point but when i came to the number of boxes i wanted it said only 2 per household. that is a no starter when you need 3. they wanna switch everyone but then don't wanna do it. I don't get it, guess thats why i'm not in business. time i think to look elsewhere to waste my money.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation