cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Backorder

Jax613
I plan to stick around

Hey all,

Was wondering if there's anyone at Rogers that can chime in on when they are expecting the S21 Ultra's?  The generic 3-4 weeks is a little off putting.  Those that are waiting also have a limited amount of time to take advantage of the Samsung free Chromebook 4.  Would suck to miss out on that due to the phone being backordered through no fault of our own (it was not mentioned on the ordering page that there was no stock).

Anyways, I hope I didn't come off as rude/or snobby.  Just looking forward to having a new gadget to fiddle with.

Thank you!

**Labels Added**

94 REPLIES 94

Re: S21 Ultra Backorder

RogersZia

Good evening @Jax613,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I have heard good things about the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and I certainly appreciate your excitement for the new device. However at this time we do not have more info to share on the expected wait times aside from what my colleagues have already shared with you.

I know you'd like to have a specific date and we'd be happy to update the Community if new information becomes available :). 

RogersZia

Jax613
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the reply, Zia!  Much appreciated!

aqd84
I plan to stick around

I also purchased on September 05.  And still waiting.  😣😫

KingsCross
I plan to stick around
I've been waiting since Sept. 5th for mine. I keep tweeting Rogers every week hoping they have good news but nothing. They say 4+ weeks as of last week. The email I got two days after ordering said 2-3 weeks. Very upsetting that the backorder was not mentioned when ordering.

Jax613
I plan to stick around

Exactly.  I (we all) have been quite patient so far.  When ordering they said 3-4 weeks.  Soon I'll be on week 6.  I feel like we were mislead in order to sign back up.

More so, how does no one know when to expect a shipment?  Anyone that works with freight knows when a product is scheduled to arrive.  I could not imagine telling clients: "I have no idea when your product will be here but we'll be in touch".  Like.... what?  Someone absolutely has to know something.  There's not a bunch of workers sitting around in a warehouse eagerly waiting for a transport truck to arrive.

KingsCross
I plan to stick around
Exactly.

KingsCross
I plan to stick around
I better find a wireless charger or buds in the box whenever it arrives or I'm canceling my service and going to Bell

Jax613
I plan to stick around

Haha I think you are going to be disappointed.  They won't do anything like that.  We all know it unfortunately.  

KingsCross
I plan to stick around
Yeah your right. I wasn't thinking Rogers I was actually thinking Samsung should compensate

aqd84
I plan to stick around
I ordered the same time. And got the exact email 2 days later as well. Yea at least say it's on back order. No mention what so ever on the Rogers website.

They better have them next week 😔

Jax613
I plan to stick around
Next week is 6 weeks. Insanity with absolutely no communication. Kind of ironic no communication from a communications company 🤣

KingsCross
I plan to stick around
Wow how sad !!! I contacted Samsung Canada today and they have S21 ultra back in stock!?!?

Jax613
I plan to stick around

I spoke to Samsung as well.  They told me 4-5 weeks from date of purchase.  We are right at the end of that so hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

KingsCross
I plan to stick around
Hopefully

Can we get an update from Rogers on this situation please?

If these are not available why do you still advertise them like you have plenty on hand?

Shouldn't any possible delays be noted BEFORE the customer renews their account?

I read through your very own FAQ section on back orders and it clearly states" the customer will be notified at the time of purchase should the device requested not be available"

I ordered back on Sept 6th and received an email many days later stating the device I purchased was delayed and could be 2-3 weeks away from delivery.......not a word from Rogers on this in the meantime unfortunately

Has Rogers received any inventory of these or do you guys at least have a firmer date expected than "soon...we hope"

Just like Jax613 I don't want to be difficult about this but a little unprompted communication goes a long way to avoiding mass frustration

Can you give us anything solid?

SniperX

Jax613
I plan to stick around
That's all we want. Some communication. Saying: "an internal memo says that it changed from 3-4 weeks to 4+ weeks" is not helpful. It's aggravating. Someone has to have information. These robotic responses are completely absurd.

KingsCross
I plan to stick around
Someone from Rogers should be on the phone with Samsung every day asking where are the S21 Ultra's ????

aqd84
I plan to stick around
Yea by the time we do get these. The s22 ultra will be out. Thinking about telling them to just cancel if next week nothing.

KingsCross
I plan to stick around
I was thinking the same thing or getting the Note 20 ultra. I'm coming from a Note 10 + so I'm thinking I made a mistake.

Jax613
I plan to stick around
So, anyone have any news? *crickets*
Topic Stats
  • 94 replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 12 in conversation