cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remembering why I left Rogers...

Dugath
I plan to stick around

Sort of a little rant.

Left Rogers a few years ago (Wireless) due to it seems the just want your money and tend to be sneaky about it sometimes.  And at the time had over priced plans (back in the 3 year plan days)

Decided to come back (2 weeks ago from Kodoo) so I can have my wireless and Internet billed together.

Thought I would get a discount having both services, did not. (was actually told from an online chat I would save 10$)

As I could not sign up a wireless account online, had to do it via phone as I found no way that would allow me otherwise. (always told me to call in)  Was told  they would waive the connection charges because of that. Did not

Got the 75$/20Gig no speed cap plan (this comes into play below)

Thought about getting the S21 ultra.. 31ish a month.. + the 15ish tax (which they kindly burry so you do not think about it ) so my plan  would come out 125-130 a month AND on top of that would force me to spend more money (85$) on a different plan, so 135-145. no idea why I can not keep my old plan, not like the phone would not work with it.

Anyways.. too much hidden and forced money increases. You would think a company as large as Rogers could due without all the trickery and money-hungry tactics.

Probably take my wireless someplace else again

*** Edited Labels ***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Remembering why I left Rogers...

RogersCorey

Hello @Dugath!

I am sorry to hear that you are not pleased with the sign up process. We've made great changes and strides towards making our plans and fees a lot more transparent.

In a situation like this, if you cancelled your wireless services and left for Koodo a few years ago, if you had an old plan previously it would not be available now. If you wish to hang onto an old plan, you must keep your services with us active.

Please keep in mind that you have your 15 days buyers remorse period available to you if you are not happy with the device or service. 

Please PM us @CommunityHelps if you'd like our help with this. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: Remembering why I left Rogers...

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dugath wrote:

Sort of a little rant.

Left Rogers a few years ago (Wireless) due to it seems the just want your money and tend to be sneaky about it sometimes.  And at the time had over priced plans (back in the 3 year plan days)

Decided to come back (2 weeks ago from Kodoo) so I can have my wireless and Internet billed together.

Thought I would get a discount having both services, did not. (was actually told from an online chat I would save 10$)

As I could not sign up a wireless account online, had to do it via phone as I found no way that would allow me otherwise. (always told me to call in)  Was told  they would waive the connection charges because of that. Did not

Got the 75$/20Gig no speed cap plan (this comes into play below)

Thought about getting the S21 ultra.. 31ish a month.. + the 15ish tax (which they kindly burry so you do not think about it ) so my plan  would come out 125-130 a month AND on top of that would force me to spend more money (85$) on a different plan, so 135-145. no idea why I can not keep my old plan, not like the phone would not work with it.

Anyways.. too much hidden and forced money increases. You would think a company as large as Rogers could due without all the trickery and money-hungry tactics.

Probably take my wireless someplace else again

*** Edited Labels ***

I hate to break it to you but this is not just a Rogers complaint, this happens with ALL the major wireless carriers.  Everyone is doing the new device financing pricing model, and almost all of the carriers price is very similar with one another, it really does not matter how loyal you have been to a company, that will not get you any discounts.

I was shopping for a phone half a year ago and went thru the same scenario myself.    I browsed all 3 major carriers and the new pricing model will increase my bill by an additional $50 bucks a month, yes its very miserable and upsetting to hard working people like me and you who NEED a phone.

The only good thing about this pricing model is it finally puts some thought into the younger millennial generation and makes them realize how much actual money they are spending on their cell phone bills, cus we know these guys are not as financial literate as the rest of the world yet I see so many young millennials with the top of the line phones yet I am twice as old as them and more established and have to settle for a entry to mid level phone and be conservative with my monthly plan because I have a family and mortgage and bills to worry bout  

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation