cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preying on vulnerable people

WAK5
I've been here awhile

I am so frustrated with Rogers and will be leaving For another provider. I signed up for a two year contract with a $30 promotion discount for two years ending in August 2025 as I was a Shaw customer.. in June of this year, I received a text from Rogers offering an extra $10 off my monthly payments. I accepted this offer thinking that it would be an additional $10 and indeed on my first bill. It appeared that way. However, on the next bill, the $30 had disappeared. I contacted Rogers and the person I spoke to agreed that it was a mistake and she credited me $30 on the next bill and sent a case forward apparently to change it going forward. I then received an email with a new contract but the $30 wasn’t on it so I called back and again spoke to a lovely person who agreed that yes it was a mistake on their part and she would send the case again and it would be fixed . I did not get a new contract so I called today and after another lengthy conversation with another sympathetic
person I was told that because I changed the contract they couldn’t give it back to me. No one in the right mind would take an extra $10 off instead of a $30 discount and Rogers customer service should recognize that. However, they have decided that because I apparently changed the contract. I am no longer eligible for the $30 and they will not do it manually until next August for me. I think that this is preying on vulnerable people who do not understand that they are cancelling a contract when they accept something that is offered. I don’t think they should be offering things to you if you were under contract . In total, I have spent approximately three hours on the phone talking to people about this and this is the result I got… I don’t think my time is valuable to Rogers This is terrible customer service and I will no longer be dealing with Rogers!

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Preying on vulnerable people

RogersCorey

Good morning @WAK5,

I can definitely understand how this could be frustrating. We encourage our customers to read all the details of an offer before accepting it.

In a situation such as this, I'd like to review the history on the account before I suggest any potential solutions.

Please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

WAK5
I've been here awhile

I’m afraid that this has only added to my frustration because it is not clear to me how to use the private messaging. Therefore I spent another hour going to the Roger store so that they could show me how to do it and the agent there couldn’t figure it out, either,  What I am looking for is the $30 promotion to be reinstated or it’s equivalent added on my account until next August… If there is any possibility of you doing this, let’s figure out a way to communicate. I am not interested in a new device or another plan.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@WAK5 wrote:

... it is not clear to me how to use the private messaging. 

How to PM was outlined in the last link by @RogersCorey .  I have outlined an alternate description below.

When logged into the forum, click on @CommunityHelps  .  On the page that comes up, you'll see a link near the top right of the screen to "send a message".  If you're using a tablet or phone, you may need to switch your browser to the desktop version. How to do that will depend on the device but a web search should find it.  There may be some back and forth required while Rogers get your personal information to look into your account.  Personal information is not allowed in this forum.  

When logged into the forum, check the envelope icon at the top right of the screen for messages.  You would usually also receive an e-mail that you have a PM, but it may have ended up in your spam folder...

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation